What 125 shall I get?

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by BenSRG, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenSRG

BenSRG New Member

Well I've had my 50cc for 7 months now and i really don't want a car of my own because I'm going on my dads insurance to drive his wrx ;)

I've got 2 bikes in mind, either a RS125 capable of up to 110MPH or a KTM EXC which isn't as fast in top speed but is capable of 0-60 in just over 5 seconds if tuned properly :p

Money isn't a big issue but I'd like to try and not spend to much, so any idea's on what one I should get or perhaps you might have a different bike in mind?

2. crossie

crossie Member

a ktm is abit faster to 60 than you said haha but i would look into getting a cr125 road legal and tune that up there faster than a ktm standard and when you tune a cr125 they go like shit off a shovel im talking like 0-80mph in about 5 seconds haha thats if you can keep it down thow lol and if you are going to get a superbike looking 125 then get a cagiva mito evo they are capable of doing 128mph lol

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dreamers....

4. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    so true minor

5. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    lols why woukd you ever want a cr125 on the road anyway :lol:

6. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep

ok for a start you would need one hell of a straight to see a ton on a rs.
    and that's hardly going to happen on your average road ride so don't worry about top ends and 0 to 60's

the two bikes you have stated are two total different types of bikes, so depending on what type of bikes you like will affect your options.

the joke section is in general chat mate ;) :good: ,

a superbike for a start is 1000cc sports bike (supersport is 600, correct me if im wrong)
    so you cant get a 125 superbike,
    and what class of bike is a "super bike looking 125"? :confused:cratch:
    2nd a mito couldn't do 128mph if you shot it out of a cannon
    3rd the mito is probably worst then the the rs (if that's possible? as well as being more expensive and harder to find a good example)

7. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    I ACTUALY LOLD AT 128MPH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he seemed so serious hahahahalmfao

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    derestricted with different gearing you will see that on a dyno.. wont ever see it on a road tho. just no..

both are highly strung poorly manufactord shit... too much desighn for the budget. joke to be considderd a road bike. if however you dont mind buying loads of bits and rebuilding them every other month/year then fine go get one. but they cost more than there worth and break alot (if YOURS didnt then you looked after it, didnt treat it as a road bike and its cost you more to run than iot should have)

but ye, old ass story.. get a honda rs125 (what aprilia copy afterall) and road gegister that.. 43bhp out the box. thatl do over 110 :) or stop dreaming and buy an nsr/rg125/tzr/rd125pv and have done with it..

9. crossie

crossie Member

as for the assholes in this calling me a joke well the kid said a ktm 125 so he obv wants a crosser on the road so i said a cr125 cause there better than ktms and i think you will find i disnt say a superbike 125 i said a superbike looking you fucking twat just like the cagiva mito looks like a ducati and funny tht because my mate had a cagive mito evo and done 128mph on it yeah it was tuned still makes it capable thow so your the fucking joke mate

10. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

im just pure pissing myself here lol forget these small engined bikes unless there a well made jap 2t even then they need alot of dollar put into them.
    fuck it this is ped forum tune a ped will acsell better be more fun and you wouldnt be copying every other fucker and dont say its more expensive as rs's etc just love to fuck up all the time my mates have been there done that had there bike of road for ages

11. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    :rolleyes: LOL,
    ok (1st) watch your mouth,
    i suggest you put a filter between your brain and fingers if you plan on saying here long ;) .

(2nd) i said claiming that a mito does 128mph is a joke, but due to your last post its evident you obviously are one also. the 125 class in moto gp do about 136mph down the straights your a few cards short of a full deck if you think a road going mito is doing close to that

so giving it the big man act over the net will only shorten you memberships life expectancy darling

(3rd) i was talking to the author of the post when i asked what kind of bike he was after.
    the "kid" also said a rs125 which isn't a crosser is it, or a "superbike looking 125" so why the fuck your telling me the purpose of your advise is bewildering,

4th i stand corrected you didn't say superbike 125....
    but a mito isn't a super bike looking 125 (made up class? :confused:cratch: ),
    its a race rep 125 :rules: ,

they cost more then a rs, have a needless additional gear, harder to get parts, are harder to find, and more expensive to maintain :rules:

:confused:cratch: so...... why the hell would he want a tuned one with the reliability of an Alzheimer's grand parent remembering your birth day?

your mates tuned one supposedly did 128mph :blah: ..... so how does that reflect on his buying choice if he would be buying a stock one :this:

so in summary giving bad advice is a the against the rules on the forum (check)

12. crossie

crossie Member

watch my mouth pffft are you being serious little man ?

13. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5

just fuck off lairy pricks like you aint good for the forum

14. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    err...im average height :glare:

and unfortunately for you i am being serious little girl,

its ironic because im the reason your still here (requested that t3rr0 not ban slap your arse) and the reason your on the way out the door (randomly and needlessly verbally abusing and swearing at moderators)

life's a double edge sword aint it :duel:

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    a ktm will do 15,000 miles.. an offroad cr will do close to 2000..... says it all about your so called advice... offroad crossers are made to churn up mud, do 60 ish top end and get rebuilt monthly.. road crossers are fake ass crossers, wiht some chese tyres, some shit forks and an engine from somthing really tame (the dt for instance has a detunned version of the rd engine from the 70's still) now.. this alone proves nether are really any good for road use...

a superbike is a 600+cc sports bike.. its not any bike wiht lots of plastic on it.. as fire said, thats a race REPLICA 125.. the real race ones (close to 45bhp to the wheel) dont see 130mph on a track so your just dreaming if you think a mito wiht the stock mito cases/barrel is gonna do those sort of speeds... power is one thing, you need 10bhp to gain 10mph above 100 wiht the drag coefficance on these bikes. so just no...if it does finally get to 130ish mph then the acceleration would be equal to a transit bottom end.. your chatting shit.

so what 125 shal you get? anything japaneese if its a geard 2t your after.. prefebly a rtoad or race rep bike, not some lookalike fake crosser that wont go off road and is slower/worse to ride on road than its road counterpart. avoid aprilia/cagiva's like the plague.. unless you have a grand or two just sitting there to blow randomly as the engine does.. they break alot on road, fact..

16. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    Think i'd better be careful on the thou the next time one of these 'fast' 125 pulls along side :rotfl: ...dont want to be eating 2T up to 130mph :whistle:

17. crossie

crossie Member

well the 125 crossers i have had top out at around 85mph and can be geared to do around 105mph also they are ment to be serviced every 3 to 4 rides and i think you will find out that the ktm exc 125 has actualy got a sx 125 engine but restricted and thanks for telling me the dt is the same as rd engine because i never knew that :)

18. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    *sarcasm on* seriously need to get my typh traded in for one of these bikes this lads quoting that will do over a ton *sarcasm off*

Stop dreaming and thinking clock speed is real, 125cc bikes cant output the power to pull 130mph down the road, many many many mods later ye u might see a ton REAL SPEED on the road if your lucky

:confused:cratch:

19. crossie

crossie Member

oh right so i didnt say tuned then no ? huh i think i did actualy hmm

20. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    read the original post man.... what part of it looks like the gents after a tuned race spec 125
    :rolleyes:

if i put up a topic asking "what 600 should i get?"

how irrelevant would it be to tell me " oh get a cbr because a tuned one will do brands hatch in sub 2mins, and with n02 will do 180mph!!!!"

the lad don't sound like he's in the market for volatile track spec bike

be realistic ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.