Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

We Pay Our Road Tax - We have a RIGHT to be on the road!!!

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by NICK123, 4 Aug 2007
NICK123#1
This thread is regarding arseholes who think it's their GOD ridden right to over take any scooter/moped to JUST get in front of them. If they see one displaying a L-Plate then they think that gives them even more RIGHTS to get in front.

I don't know how many times in the 18months i've been riding a scooter i've been overtaken and cut up by some nobhead.

I did a experiment just lately and took my back L-Plate off and put it under my seat, just in case the police pulled me over. My excuse would be I'd just come out of work and somebody had ripped it off and I was just on my way home to fix it - if it would of worked was a different matter. Anyway, for the first couple of days I noticed a difference, but then it started up AGAIN:

I was driving down a 30mph road following the rest of the traffic at around 34mph, couldn't go any faster even if I wanted too due to cars in front. We approached some red lights, now I knew these lights and had a feeling they was going to change any moment, so slowed down to a creeping speed so by the time the I got there the lights would of changed to green and I wouldn't of needed to stop. But just then they arse behind decided to quickly over take me and cut me up. I mean what was the point there was at least 15 cars in front of him now and the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact he STAYED behind the rest of the traffic all the way along that road. Surely getting in front of a scooter isn't going to get you to your destination any quickly if theres loads of cars in front of the scooter you just over taken.

I know I should grin and bare it - but it really pisses me off something rotten.

Another example was, I was driving along a 30 zone out of town, no speed cameras along this road and I was doing 35mph and this car was tailgating me. So I increase my speed to 45mph and again he was right up my back end. So without braking I tapped my brake to display the rear lights and the frighting thing was he didn't even reduce his speed. Just then he pulled over to the other side of the road to over take me, just as he was doing that a car was coming the opposite way and he quickly cut me up and pulled over right in front of me causing me to brake really hard. I gave him a loud blast of my horn and away he went. I caught up with him a few minutes up the road and he was stuck behind another car doing 30mph and not only was he not tailgating this car, he made no attempt what so ever to over take it. So he was happy to over take me while I was doing 45 and nearly killing me, but he was prepared to sit behind a car doing 30.

Now that just proved the ONLY reason he over took me was because of what I was RIDING.

Stories please.... because it can't just be ME who they over take.
wobbly_trials#2
yeah, i have a 4 inch long, 1 inch thick steel bar with a point on the end for cunts like that, pull out, run along side and either put it through the driver's window or kick every pannel on your way past.

if you have kevlar gloves it's also quite fun to smack their wing mirrors.

one bastard the other day in newark wished he'd not cut me up the other day, tried to chase me for 3 miles but lost the knobhead in traffic.
haugh#3
sounds fun wobb lol what was you on the area51?
frainey#4
Ive been doing 55 on a long 30 road- no speed cameras and even fucking TRANSIT VANS will have a go at overtaking just for the sake of me being on a scooter :msn1:
NICK123#5
It really makes you laugh the lengths some car/van drivers will go to over take a bike. It must make them feel hard, something to brag about to their mates in the pub.

"Hey lads, guess what - do you know my 2litre motor ...... guess what I've just done - i've only gone and over taken a scooter."
Jamie#6
theyres only one way to deal with these w***ers,,catch up with them at a traffic light stick your foot out and send their wing mirror into orbit,,works a treat ;)
steve-k#7
round my end people are afraid of scooters im sure coz no-one ever dangerously overtakes me, but u do get the odd boy racer who likes to give you a race, but once youve proved that you can undertake and go in between traffic there sure back in their place and blown out :bird:

but the best thing to do is :

1. if someone is tailgating real bad, just reduce your speed to about 20/25mph in a 30 which pisses them off.

2. undertake a couple of cars so that the tailgating c**t isnt behind you and gets annoyed because you are ahead of him.

3. keep on tapping your brakes, so that the brake light is flashing, it will slow them down usually and they might think twice about tailgating.

4. if all fails just give the f***er a gud old hand signal and race off ahead of them.

5. if the f***er overtakes you for no reason at all, TAILGATE them like f**k and then they will get annoyed hehe :P

6. or if they overtake u just undertake them back ;)

7. RESORT TO VIOLENCE
frainey#8
Il go with number 7
Aerox_Paul#9
If theres a few of ya on peds all you have to do is to form a rolling road block at like 20mph lol.

I had a van right up my arse last night flashing his lights at me down a 40mph road which i was doing 40mph ish so i just slowed it down to 30mph and just rode along as if he wasn't there, and eventually he backed off.
frainey#10
Ive done that once me and my mate did a roadblock at 20MPH,
Was so fucking funny when they where going ape shit at the traffic lights.
JakeSP#11
Can i ask what your road positionings like?

Most of the scoots round here ride in the gutter, Just asking for it really!

Never really got much shit when i was on my 50, Anyone bothers you on a 125+ just accelerate...
frainey#12
Middle of the lane, talking of road tax theres quite a few nasty pot holes near me, if you hit them your fucked.
I should know ive done it once thought my front wheel was gonna fall off.
NASTY
wobbly_trials#13
frainey said:
Ive done that once me and my mate did a roadblock at 20MPH,
Was so fucking funny when they where going ape shit at the traffic lights.

yeah, its a great move, a mate of mine was on a restricted kymco (28mph :punk: ) so we created a roadblock at that speed for 15 miles along the A57, got about a mile tailback.



with a 125 you can pretend to be a 50 then bugger off when they try to overtake.
monty9120#14
with a 125 you can pretend to be a 50 then bugger off when they try to overtake.

he he this one works a treat on my 200. sit at 30 crouch behind the screen like your flat out. they overtake and push them up the road to 80mph :w00t:
MURKEE#15
this will all change when u get a 125 or above.
monty9120#16
yer they will shit themselves as a 125 is doing 70 odd the same as them.

they will think you are crazy and get out of your way :w00t:
frainey#17
Like everyone else says let them overtake, if you dont clip their wing mirror on the way past just take over them in traffic :)
Kieran#18
When your on a bike your very vulnerable, i just let them overtake and sometimes clip there mirror.
Sw1fT#19
or just.....

Ciaran said:
Piss me off and I'll follow you home and shit in your slippers.
nrgandy#20
anyone pisses me off when i get this nrg on road ill just let them over take then let rip and over take them

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

What wheels are these?4 replies10 Aug 2007
Insurance8 replies9 Aug 2007
vxr200 back end18 replies8 Aug 2007
what you reckon3 replies8 Aug 2007
yerrr my new pip for my sr 175 lol :D18 replies7 Aug 2007
Typhoon & Stalker ... difference?12 replies6 Aug 2007
two motors, good idea or bad idea?3 replies5 Aug 2007
Expert Advice34 replies5 Aug 2007
cbt questions11 replies5 Aug 2007
PMSL4 replies5 Aug 2007