Vivacity 50

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by karlhunter76, Apr 11, 2015.

1. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

This is why I need to get the scooter finished
    [​IMG]

scubabiker likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

nice! yeah, rich is good, lean makes engines seize... ive been running mine way too rich for about 6 months now! i just never ride on full throttle and it doesnt really bother me.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Ah, an FS1E.
    Good investment. For sale afterwards or for keeps?

4. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

I can't decide yet, I trailered it to work fitted the spare engine and got it all running then that's it. I'm having trouble choosing between this and my mgf

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

keep the jap! brit cars are shite..... they look nice but thats it....

6. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

Ha I'm torn between the two.
    Anyway, fitted another carb to the ped today, runs and idles mint now! The needle was bent in the original and I just never noticed it when I put the throttle cable back in, onwards and upwards now.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Amazing how something so apparently insignificant can cause so much if a problem......bit like a woman in fact.......

8. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

How very true

9. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

I got a set of jets off eBay, the original was a 72, I've fitted an 80. It doesn't idle as well now and smokes a bit more, does that sound like I need to start adjusting the mixture?
    Also there's a tapping noise when I let off the revs, I've had the exhaust back off to make sure there wasn't any stones that had dropped in. I'm going to take the head off to check the new rings, probably okay but for my peace of mind I may as well.

10. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

Here's some pics from start to so far ....[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you might want to swap the air filter back to the standard airbox with a free flowing filter, those crappy pod filters make a lot of noise and suck up water so bad! looks good. nice transformation!

12. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

Cheers, I just had this filter in my toolbox, I've told the lad he needs to get a proper filter box for it but he's 17, he doesn't listen!

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They never do until they get a big repair bill!
    They're 16/17 and all they want to do is go at Mach2 with their hair on fire!
    They are immortal!
    Nothing will ever hurt them!
    They are the best rider in the world!
    Even better than Rossi!

Then they get fetched off and end up with gravel rash because they don't wear gloves, jacket, trousers or a decent lid. I have had one customer lose a finger because of no gloves, and another lose a toe because of wearing slippers at the time, and another with permanent scarring to his legs and face.

14. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

That's him to a 'T'

Stevep likes this.
  15. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

Saying that, I have enjoyed doing it, when I get round to building one I'll take my time and research it more

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I've built a couple of quick scooters, the last one I had to tone down a bit, damn thing lifted too easily, especially when accelerating out of a corner. Piaggio Zip SP. Bit scary on something that small.

17. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

I'm thinking of going down the wolf in sheep's clothing route, get an unpopular bike and mod the engine, brakes and suspension.

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

my tomos is a bit like that, good for around 90kmh i think, but not taken it there as the brakes are useless even at 5kmh.... plus the gearbox is struggling with the power, the clutchs slip bad as they are only made of cork....

19. karlhunter76

karlhunter76 Member

Passed its mot today[emoji106]
    The lad collects it tomorrow so it's up to him to be sensible and run it in properly!

Now to eBay to find my own[emoji2]