Variator Help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by B33DL35, Jul 22, 2012.

1. B33DL35

B33DL35 Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Diesis 100
    hi people i have a piaggio diesis 100cc and i am looking on buying a new 1 but i can only find a variator for 50cc, this may sound dumb but would i be able to fit the 50cc variator on my 100cc? thanks

2. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    pretty sure they are different my old aerox 100 had different tranny parts to the 50 model , is there any reason for wanting a new one other the upgrading?

if its for speed, power increase i really wouldnt bother, the 100 lumps are slow and wont really improve

3. B33DL35

B33DL35 Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Diesis 100
    some how the rollers had melted inside the variator lol

4. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    been held at a certain speed too long

i found on my 100 when i got it it had been used and not serviced well, so the belt had worn 2-3mm to thin and meant the rollers had become flat the top speed was a max 50 as the belt wasnt big enough to open the pulleys and the rear toqe drive pulley had become very worn on the sliders so creater a big dip in the revs once id fitted a new belt

give yours a good going over and replace any worn parts

5. B33DL35

B33DL35 Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Diesis 100
    so do u think if i buy a new belt, variator and rollers it will be fine.? its restricted too like 55mph which is poor really, i dont under stand whyy it has 1 on :confused:

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    only 50s are restricted, there will be no restriction on yours, for my aerox 100 i fitted:

leo vince exhaust
    Lighter rollers
    Stiffest mallosi clutch springs
    polini belt
    and fited a new rear torque drive pulley as mine was worn and causing it no to get past 50 on the clocks
    upjetted

after all that it would hit 70 on the clocks and was a little nippy, but the 100 engines are prone to nipping up and siezing which mine did twice, started fine after and ran fine after but certainly wasnt worth the money

i think they reach 55-60 as stock, so maybe just check your belt is within wear limits and that your rollers arent flat

7. B33DL35

B33DL35 Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Diesis 100
    well hopefully when i eventually find a variator for my bike it will have fresh rollers with it, i did notice my rollers was a bit flat but nothing major

8. Speedfight-George

Speedfight-George Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight 2
    well i have a speedfight 50 and 100 parts fit on it just fine? and if you replace the rollers and drive belt it should run just fine, i wouldnt bother getting a whole new variator...just the rollers, if possible then get malossi ones as they last the longest :) &get a half decent belt. after that it should be faster and smoother :)