Upgrading my Yamaha Aerox 50cc 2012

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by rustyscooter, Nov 5, 2013.

1. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate
    pull the clutch together to let the belt drop further down the clutch, gives you alot more slack in the belt. It will seem loose but once the engine runs it will push the belt back. :)

2. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Thank you, it must be a strong spring because it was difficult to open the pulleys, it was so hard I thought I was doing something wrong, I got it back together now, the spring is a blue one, are they color coded for strength?

the bike is starting to go back together now, I took the carb off , the air box, two stroke oil tank, exhaust pipe, running board, and all of the other peripheral bits and pieces, the battery well was full of road grit grime and sticky oil as was everything else, perhaps I should have taken a few more pictures, but I'm sure you've seen it all before :)

Aerox vairiator clutch case 003.JPG

Aerox vairiator clutch case 005.JPG

3. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate
    You need to find out what make the spring is as they are mainly different colours from different brands, find that out and google it that will help. And your clutch looks different to mine do you know if its standard or aftermarket?

4. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    I’m not sure, it’s the first Aerox I have had,
    I’m told that it has a racing clutch and vaireator, not sure what that means either :confused:

5. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    here she is, running ok, and back together with new rollers, the old ones are in the picture below, I will take her for a test run in the morning and see if she is any better, then I can look forward to a proper upgrade with my base line to start with, thank you for your help Guy's

Aerox upgrade 007.JPG Aerox upgrade 008.JPG Aerox upgrade 009.JPG Aerox upgrade 011.JPG Aerox upgrade 015.JPG

6. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate
    Yes Artek are an aftermarket brand. If you dont already get an aftermarket exhaust, stage 6 pro replica is the best for a 50cc engine in my opinion but are also great with the 70cc streetrace kit.

7. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    The stage6 exhaust is only to be recommended if its being used with a streetrace 70cc.
    if your not using one of them and your using one of the more popular mallossi/polini kits then the best bolt on exhaust you can buy for the road is a Leo Vince ZXR. and theres no disputing this as a number of dyno's prove this.
    a Leo Vince ZXR will also produce the most power from a standard 50cc cylinder.
    Never ever in my life have I ever known anybody claim a Stage6 pipe to be the best money can buy:confused:

8. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/stage-6-pro-replica-exhaust-triumphs-exhaust-shootout have a read of that mate ha

Tins81 likes this.
  9. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Don't forget these figures are for a stock bike set up,
    I have looked at the graph and I think that it is all still conjecture, I think it is important to know what revs you are using to give a comparison, You must take into consideration the maximum revs your bike is likely to do, will it rev to 9500 rpm, if so then the ZX will be the best, or will it only rev to a max of 8750, if so then choose the TT, but look at the graph again, if your bike will max out at 7500 the standard exhaust would be your best choice, with the TT and the ZX way down on the graph at the same rpm, the TT and the ZX peak out and pop at a very precise rpm, there is not much before it and there is not much after it, so unless you can keep your revs on a flat rpm line and make your bike pull away at 9500 rpm and stay consistently at those revs until you reach your max speed then it is academic, ............................but give me a ZX, TT or a stage 6 replica every time for looks :D;)

10. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate

"The bike used was a completely standard 50cc Yamaha Aerox. It's important to note that these results are only relevant to standard 50cc"

11. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    KyleH mate

Your print is not coming out properly at this end, is anyone else having this problem, or is it just at my end?

12. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate
    "The bike used was a completely standard 50cc Yamaha Aerox"

That better?

13. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade

yes,

and yes, a completely standard 50cc Yamaha Aerox

14. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate

what im getting at is any other performance mods except a 70cc kit won't affect this but will only improve it, for example a performance variator wont take any speed off your bike but it will keep the revs constant if you understand? The dyno graph shows what rpm the pipe is capable of making tuning your carb and your transmission to suit the exhaust will make your bike be able to use this increase in power. Does this make sense?

15. Tins81

Tins81 Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox SP55
    Well apart from the ZX and stage6 exhaust. What other exhausts are chromed and will fit a big standard 50cc Aerox?

16. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade

that isnt what the graph is saying, its showing a sterile example of all things being the same = X for each pipe, you are dialing in alternative components which was not the test:)

17. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate

Okay if you fit a new pipe and keep your rollers stock its not going to beable to let the engine rev up into the powerband, what im saying is the graph shows the exhaust with the perfect setup (rollers, jets ect) on a standard 50cc engine. Bikes are not limited to so many rpm like you said.

18. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Did you see this bit above the graph

The bike used was a completely standard 50cc Yamaha Aerox.

It's important to note that these results are only relevant to standard 50cc. If the bike was further modified e.g. different cylinder kit etc. pipes that appear poor in this test could come into their own and vice versa.

19. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate

I dont think you have stated you have or are thinking about getting a 70cc kit ect? Im just giving you a suggestion for your stock aerox.

20. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    in any event, a dino graph in reality is only good for the print out at the time,:) anything which happens the moment after the dino, changes that without any conversions taken place, this is why it is sterile, just you getting on the bike changes the set-up by altering the power to weight ratio, the drag on the bike, the weather, the temperature, the humidity,etc