Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Typhoon Seized?

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Typhoon General, 13 Apr 2008
Typhoon General#1
Right..

Yesterday I was pretty much pinning it off a fly-over and as I started to ease off on the throttle my bike jolted backwards then forwards quickly as if it bogged out and made a weird noise. I then pulled the throttle back and it just revved its tits off and wasn't moving. I turned it off and turned it back on and still did exactly the same thing just stood on the spot and revved its tits off when I throttled. I came to the conclusion that my belt had probably snapped as everything else was working fine, it just wasn't moving and I haven't changed my belt since I've had it.

Left it overnight at my mates, went to get it today tried starting it, it went to tick over then stopped. Pressed the electric start again and its just making the clicking noise when I pull the brake in and hold the starter. The kickstart is now jammed.

Seized or not? Someone give me some idea whats wrong with it please Its going to a shop to get sorted because I can't be fucked to be fiddeling with it I just want it sorted but I want to know whats wrong.

Cheers guys :tup:
MiNoR cOnFuSiOn#2
whip the tranny cover off and see if the belt is snapped and has locked everything up.. if the belt is fine you will see anything obvious like a snapped crank or the like. if there is nothing wrong with the transmission you have siezed it. dont take it to a shop whatever you do, shops love siezed bikes as it can be a grand for a couplke hours work to them. even if they quote 200 then fit unneeded parts (usually the case) you have to pay the bill or the bikes legally theres
Typhoon General#3
Ok cheers Minor, gonna get the engine case off and have a look but jus thinkin wouldnt it still start like yesterday even if the belt was fucked
alexsr70#4
Typhoon General said:
Ok cheers Minor, gonna get the engine case off and have a look but just thinkin wouldnt it still start like yesterday even if the belt was fucked

it would start, BUT the belt may have jammed up the transmission. therefore locking the engine up, the symptoms youv'e described sound like a snapped belt but all you can do is check and get back to us.
alperin#5
same thing happen to my mate mehmet and it was the variator fan unscrewed or stuck :S
greg531#6
That is why you should use a little locktite, the blue non-permanent stuff.... when you put your scoot back together....
foster#7
that happened to me... when i took the tranny case off it was full of fluf and appears the super strong kevlar belt had disintergrated :msn1:

More threads in Scooter Tuning

any more restrictions10 replies30 Apr 2008
21mm stage 6 dellorto carb20 replies30 Apr 2008
Tuning an air cooled speedfight20 replies29 Apr 2008
I wanttt a 70 bad14 replies28 Apr 2008
Carb setting77 replies27 Apr 2008
got a few problems...13 replies24 Apr 2008
help with 70kit39 replies23 Apr 2008
Help with setup15 replies22 Apr 2008
kit or pipe ?3 replies21 Apr 2008
tuning a 50 cos my dads gay aerox26 replies20 Apr 2008