Typhoon 125 with bigger wheels???

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by pamarakos, Jun 21, 2012.

1. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

Hi all!!
    After lots of reading in the forum I found out that nrg wheels maybe fit on the front typhoon fork if they are the 3hole little disk version but they don't fit on the rear typohoon drum since nrg drum is smaller than the 125 typhoon drum!!
    I've read somewhere else here again that gilera '98 fit perfectly front and rear, is it true? If so, what cc and also what about the speedo drive?
    Thanks for your help!!

2. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

nrg wheel can fit your engine as long as u got a small drum type engine , if u got big drum engine u can also fit aprilia sr (old shape wheel ) which looks alright
    thats my typh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

For both front and rear wheel from aprilia sr?? What cc??

4. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

How can I be surethat I have the big drum on my 125 typhoon??

5. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

no nrg for front and aprilia sr for back ( 125 sr model ) im sure front one would fit from aprilia aswell , and take your back wheel off and take a picture of brake shoes everyone will tell u here ;)

6. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

Ok I'll do so....thanks!!

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If your engine is a rolling nut it will be big drum, fx runner or sr wheel will fit. If it's non rolling then nrg wheel will fit, old nrg Mc 2 front wheel's fit straight in the front and have 3 bolt disc and typhoon speedo drive. sr front wheel won't fit, bearings are wrong size. I'll get some photo's up as all my typhoons have 12 and 13" wheels.

Jaackmilton likes this.
  8. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

Please do so so as to have a real look at it...meanwhile i ll try to remove my wheel so as to take a photo and measure the drum
    Thanks

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
  10. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Here's our typhoons, the grey one is my Daughter's, 13"nrg Mc2 wheels, red one with topbox is "Beryl" 12" runner rear wheel, old 50cc runner front wheel, Randy #2 has Mc2 nrg front wheel, runner engined 13" rear.

11. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

That's great....so what is the difference between first grey and second with topbox that lead you to 13" nrg wheel for the 1st and runner wheel for the 2nd?? Was it the engine with big drum in the rear wheel??
    I'll try tomorrow to get my tph dismantled so as to send you my photos to judge if it's big or small drum and what is going to fit my case!! I hope the nrg wheels!!

Thanks!

12. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Yes, grey typhoon is a non rolling nut engine, small brake. Beryl has the rolling nut engine, big brake drum. The sr aprilia has the big brake 13" rear wheel also. Try ebay france for a 3 bolt 13" nrg front wheel. Typhoon forks on all so they look/sit right, not like crappy looking vx forks!

13. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

So on the grey typhoon non rolling engine nrg 13 wheels fitted no prob, just the brake caliper little spacer because of the 5 bolt disk brake, yes?
    Also mc2 or mc3 matters??

14. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The Mc2 front wheel is 13" 3 bolt little disc same as typhoon, the grey one has aftermarket big disc on it.

15. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

16. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

So is it the small brake?? Rolling nut or non-rolling nut?? Please give me good news:)
    I think it's the small one since the big one is 140mm and mine is not even 110??
    Anyways, better waiting for your answer:)

17. ramo

ramo GoldMember

That's a small drum engine the only wheel bigger than 10" you can fit is a NRG one

18. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Marsh what forks are you using to get a runner front wheel on your typhoon?

19. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've already said, typhoon forks with old runner 50 12" front wheel, the 50 runner and Mc2 nrg have the same speedo drive as typhoon. And yes that is the small drum, non rolling nut engine, use the 13" nrg wheel.
    The 10",12" and 13" wheels have the same circumference, the bigger the rim, the lower the profile tyre. The 13" nrg wheel will fit straight on with no issues at all. All the big cc 2t engines are the same eg, typhoon, runner, aprilia sr, italjet drag, only the drum size changed, even the disc runner engine can be converted back to drum brake. It look's s if i need to put up more photos of wheels! If you don't want to mess around just get any nrg rear wheel and find a nrg Mc2 front wheel, it must be Mc2 not Mc3!!

ramo likes this.
  20. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

Thats what I wanted.to hear:)) Thats good news right??
    So if it s easy for you can you please send one or two more photos from the other side of the front and rear wheel?? And also most important dimensions of the tyres?? 130-60-13??
    Also stock mc2 front wheel has 3 bolt disc, same as typhoon right? mc3 has 5 bolt disc! Yes?
    Thanks a lot.for your support