typhoon 125 disc converion (need help)

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by riggstq1, Jan 22, 2014.

1. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

hi there people :) ive got myself a 125 typhoon but it has a rear drum brake and i want a disc... so far ive managed to buy a rear wheel the hub for the disc and the disc all from a runner 125 sp, what else is needed other than the obvious like caliper hose and reseviour etc... also ive removed the wheel and the drum brake assy and have noticed there is a pin for the drum how i would i go about removing this? any help would be appreciated :)

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It's a rolling nut engine I take it?

3. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

yeah lol i forgot to mention that but yeah its a rolling nut engine with the mounts for a rear caliper and so on..

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I personally cut the pin off with an angle grinder! As you say you'll need the hose and master cylinder. When I did a conversion years ago I used a front brake slave cylinder and mounted it next to the existing front slave cylinder, then use all the parts, cable etc so you can use the typhoon handle bars and it looks std. You need a bit of welding but it's no big deal, then use a T piece so you use the same fluid reservoir as the front. The runner master cylinder won't fit under the typhoon panel.

5. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

Sweet so just go at it how i thought (bruteforce lol) and ive got a set of renthals on there atm.. ive seen a caliper hose and resevior from a runner on ebay for 15 quid so fingers crossed i can get my hands on that before it goes, thanks for your help tho mate i thought id be best coming on here and asking people that know what theyre on about ;)

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    can swap out the bars/clock pannel's and rewire the loom for nrg bits, the resivoir fits then. nothing wrong with the drum brake

7. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

Ive managed to get an ajp caliper and fit it but it has no bleed nipple so how do i set it up :confused:

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The AJP caliper has it's bleed nipple on the Banjo bolt, to be fair the AJP caliper is crap, change it for a runner caliper. ( Vespa Et2 Et4 front calipers are the same!!) if you can't get a runner.

riggstq1 likes this.