typh 50 "hey, its only coz i got it cheap"

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
  2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    few poundshop paint cans and a bit of sanding later
    [​IMG]

torpedo01 and Todi-Corsa like this.
  3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so, after 3 months of hard winter riding every day (14 miles of country hills and severn winds, yay me) and a 60mph slide down the road, shes looking a little sorry for herself, so i repainted the tt (ye, got a cheap tt) and chucked a set of these ebr forks on there. wasnt too impressed with how they felt, bit grounchy/rough feeling, probably just fairy liquid for hydro oil in them, usual cheapo tricks, but on the bike its AMAZING. they have literally transformed the typh into an actual motorcycle, no more do i have to think of owning a typh as having to put up with typh forks!!! (or spank over 500 on malossis that, for every day rode riding, arnt actually that nice) im in love with these tho, best 200 quid ive spent on a typh (bar kit and pipe obv LOL) literally transformed the bike 100%. ima cop a spare pair soon, and some good pics/vids of the ride to work. its slow, its fun, and its reliable.
    also copped 100 quid in service bits so shes getting an overhaul once spring sets in. watch this space
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this lil badboy is still waiting for me to do the welding/fab on the seat... damn this rusty rusty weather LOL
    [​IMG]

torpedo01 likes this.
  4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    LOL MC glad the tt is riding nicer now , wind rain and cold yeah it sucks lol we feel you bro ....

poor honda im glad its still in one piece, i had thoughts you may have stuffed knobbleys on it and gone grasstracking lol
    as for seat just weld a C90 seat mount to it and have a sofa rider ;)

5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Pound shop paint cans? Don't you need heat resistant paint on the exhaust?

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've seen these fork's for sale, do you realy think there good ? What about over a new set of original forks? Buzzetti forks were crap, way to hard and full and I mean full of grease!

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What is that an early 90s cg? Or cb125rs? Odd question, but whats the length of the shocks?

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its actually a 1998 cg125 but with an older cb tank and diff bars on it, im putting a loop on the back, basic muddy, slightly wider tyres (probably some retro cut) and making a narrow simple seat, think 60's crosser, but with the reliability of a cg, these things will literally run on white spirit and piss LOL

back to the typh, marsh, the forks arnt amazing dont get me wrong, compairing them to bike forks and there ok sorta thing, usual shit fluid full of bubbles upon arrival and no spares to be found, but compairing them to anything stock/replacment for a typh and you will be happily supprised!! there not malossi's, but there not super long vx's ether. again, if you compair them to any other bike bike, there nothing special, even some of the chink scoots have better forks dont get me wrong, but if you love a typh, and know what stock forks feel like, your NO LONGER STUCK WITH THE SHIT (or punting the 600 quid f32's cost now WOW) all round win. can just chuck em on and roll, there a bit noisy due to air/crap oil, but they ride nice and handle the way a bike should... if you own a typh, you know EXACTLY what im talking about, and this all seems too good to be true for 200 quid LOL but there a MUCH BETTER option than stock or the usual pattern buzzettis/generic grease fulled kack

9. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    i'm sure the cg rear shocks were a 310 - 330 length from center of eyelet to eyelet

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thought i missed a question, the shocks on the cg are stock, ive not measured them, can do friday if its any help? but 1998 honda cg shocks are honda cg shocks :)

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    aaaaaaaaaaand 6k covered, 3 pistons, few roller changes but none worn supprisingly. belts fine, ate a reedblock today, new plug and spare block on the side of the road and she feels loveley again. new pipe comming soon, still rolling the airbox ;)