Tunning Peugeot speedfight 2

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Shanekennedy, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

Ive got leo vince tt restricted exhaust (the restrictor is stuck inside the bend cant get it out tried many times), racing clutch, 75 jets, air filter. Its still only getting 40 mph and my friend hits 50mph standard any help for what i can do next to make it faster any help will be appreciated thanks

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

You need to get the restriction out of the pipe that’s what’s holding you back

3. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

Ive tried litterally everything and how fast do yoy think it will go if it come out the exhaust

4. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Maybe from 40mph you should get 45mph

5. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

If it’s stuck in the bend then firstly check whether the bend is causing the pipe to narrow, if so then it’ll never get through. Metal coat hanger bent to shape makes a good hook tool. You may find the restrictor needs to be sent the other way and the can opened and rewelded- pain in the backside and could be costly.
    If the restrictor is close enough to touch then maybe a dremmel will cut it in half?

6. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

if i do get the restrictor out what else could i do to make it a bit faster

7. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

THats an age old question and depends on how much time and money you are prepared to put into it. First thing are the manufacturer restrictions which are the exhaust, variator spacer washer and carb. These differ from scooter to scooter but in essence remove the restrictor from the exhaust to allow freer flow of exhaust gases, remove any air recirculating systems which are hoses that run from the air box into a spigot on the exhaust. Remove a small washer in the variator which sits behind the plate. Then increase main jet a little.
    Next are the upgrades: free flow sports exhaust allows freer flow of gases; sports variator has a steeper ramp angle which can smooth out acceleration. Lighter rollers will increase revs before the variator closes to engage the clutch. Sports clutch has different springs which will engage the clutch at different rpms, clutch contra spring changes the rpm at which the clutch plates part again so in affect it downshifts quicker.
    Free flow air filter increases air to the carb and combined with a larger mainjet increases overall fuel mix entering the piston. A larger carb, not too large, increases the amount of fuel entering the engine.
    All must be adjusted in conjunction with one another, free flow exhaust requires richer fuel mix, open air filter leans out fuel so requires bigger jet. Lighter rollers increase rpm before engaging clutch but if you don’t balance that with the right clutch springs then performance is affected.
    Research google, watch YouTube and enjoy cursing at your bike because it won’t run properly and you are spending hours tinkering or leave it, accept it’s only a few horsepower and enjoy riding.

8. Sam phantom

Just derestrict the variator by removing the washer as said and sort your pipe problem out, if it’s a healthy engine and it’s L/C they do 55mph all day long........ A/C model alittle slower but not by much

9. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

This picture is the restrictor ive tried shacking it getting a screw driver in there just not coming out any suggestions to get it out

Attached Files:

10. Sam phantom

get some freeze spray they come with a straw so you’ll be able to get to it nicely, give it a really good spray it should shrink it quicker than the pipe it’s self as it’s a very thin metal then hook it out with appropriate tool

11. Sam phantom

I take it you originaly removed the spot weld holding the restrictor in place and it dropped down in side ?

12. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

Um no i didnt take the weld off i went to get a tool to get it off then came back home and its fell off into the corner

13. Sam phantom

Ok well give my idea ago !?

14. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

Ive got the restrictor out and still only going about 45-50mph is there anything else i could change/do to my bike to go faster

15. typh-gilly99

typh-gilly99 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 125 2T
    Adjust the roller weights or put a 70cc kit on

16. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

To be fair, 45 -50mph is a good speed for a 50cc. Just because your mates does 55mph doesn’t necessarily mean yours will. You can put in a racing clutch, racing variator, play with roller weights, clutch springs and belt, change the carb out for a slightly larger one with an open cone filter, upjet, add a racing coil and iridium plug, add an unlimited cdi. Each change will affect performance and each change will mean adjusting something else. Getting the balance between all components to allow you to run in the optimum power band from start to top end is very difficult and requires trial and error. If your mates bike is faster then copy his exact components and you may still not have the same performance. Rider weight, rubbing brakes, tight bearings, worn in engine all affect performance.
    The fact you are riding a 50cc and care that your mates is 5mph faster suggests you are on L plates and CBT. Bear in mind you are limited by your licence to 30mph. When you get a ticket for speeding then you may also lose your licence.
    Lose some weight, get the wind on your back and ride downhill. Not long and you will be on a 125 asking how you can make it go faster than 65mph.
    Make all the changes that I’ve listed, it’ll cost about £200 and you will get about 3hp more.

17. Sam phantom

So how did you get it out then,it might help Somone else with the same problem !?

18. Shanekennedy

Shanekennedy New Member

Just contact the company (racingplanet) and they said send it back and we will send a new one out