Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Tuning problem

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Junior91, 29 Oct 2013
Junior91#1
Hi I have a nrg mc2 an I've just fitted a malossi 70cc bore cylinder and head with a malossi 7.2 rollers and malossi varaitor 21mm carb Leo Vince zx exhaust

And for some reason it doesn't start to well and when it does it's very high revs before the bike moves and when it
Does it bogs so it only just about stays ticking over
Can someone pls help me
Subw00fer#2
it's very high revs before the bike moves


clutch springs? or could be rollers too heavy, 70cc kits rev higher than 50's so you need lighter rollers to compensate the different powerband

it bogs so it only just about stays ticking over

what main jet are you running?
Junior91#3
Ok sounds good I'm gonna try that tomorrow and I've got a 82 jet but I've been told to run 118
Subw00fer#4
start from 118, ride for abit see how it is, check spark plug colour, if it's black or very dark, then go down a few sizes, keep doing that until it rides good and you've got a nice brown colour spark plug
Junior91#5
Would u happen to know what clutch springs I should get an I will do that an let u know thanks mate
Dandruff37#6
You've got a 21mm carb which normally gets rid of the need to upjet. Your bogging problem is due to the increase in fuel in the mixture but you have not increased the air flow to compensate for the increase in fuel
Also a bike revs higher with lighter rollers not heavier ones. But yours seem to be a good weight I dont think thats your problem.
If its high revving you might want to fiddle with the mixture screw on the carb also the idle screw until you hear a difference.

You would need to fit the clutch springs supplied with your exhaust and they should work in perfect conjunction with your exhausts power band.
Junior91#7
I'll have a go of that in the morning nice one I've got stage6 clutch springs mid strength do you think they will be alright

More threads in Scooter Tuning

backfire problem aerox 70 200210 replies26 Nov 2013
Physical engine size?6 replies19 Nov 2013
Did they do a Nrg power lc2 replies9 Nov 2013
Nrg power0 replies8 Nov 2013
athena cdi piaggio0 replies3 Nov 2013
gilera dna water pump3 replies31 Oct 2013
Fitted 'Racing Reed Valves' - Loss Of Performance!1 replies29 Oct 2013
New Crankshaft and bearing istallation1 replies25 Oct 2013
cylinders 70cc4 replies24 Oct 2013
minarelli vertical reed petals in horivontal reed valve0 replies23 Oct 2013