Transmission cover main nut help needed

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Buzz, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Peugeot satelis - after removing the usual ring of small bolts the transmission cover has a large central nut that appears to hold it on. I cannot for the life of me undo it. I need to check firstly that I am undoing it the right way and it isn’t a reverse thread? Any one know?
    Secondly when I do manage to lock the wheel the nut appears to turn very very stiffly but it’s not actually undoing, almost feels like it’s turning the clutch inside instead of unlocking. I’ve tried rapid sharp blows to my wrench but this hasn’t undone it so I’m after seeing if anyone knows of a way to remove it before I take it to a garage to ask them to use their compressor on it and before I damage the internal workings. I see there are two holes in the cover either side of the nut so I’m wondering if this is simply a main clutch nut and I need to use a tool to hold the clutch internally through the transmission cover.

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Disregard, I’ve ordered a gun to undo it and I’ll make some kind of locking tool when I torque it back up.