Trackday Pics

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by bEN, Sep 15, 2009.

1. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    a road and race bike are two different things jeff,
    the bikes wining championship's aren't necessarily the best (road) bikes as it's far from in stock trim when racing.
    (the 848 isn't a super bike nor eligible to race :p )

you don't need to defend your brand mate :lol: i didn't say "ducati's were bad or don't handle well"
    (check, :this: )

i said the 848 ("dukes handling") is known to have disinterested steering on the road and poor stock suspension setup that no amount of fiddling with a screw driver will dial out,

im not saying its a bad bike,
    and obviously ben can and will buy what ever he wants,
    i was just giving an opinion that for the sort of money he could get a cheaper duke (999s)
    a better twin (rc8), or just a more powerful il4 (any 05 to 07 plate thou or a gsxr 750)

all which have the more power and better handling.
    unless you can get the duc on a cheap it is a hell of a lot of £££, you could by a 6 for the road and one for the track for the price of one :good: :lol:

at the end of the day its up to ben of course just giving my 2 cents.

(ps i wouldn't say yammy has bad build quality at all (my cousin has the same bike as your bro) you must just be used to your honda level of finish jeff ;) )

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Even if it had bad reviews on handling, i'd still get it, it can't be any worse than my R6 which can still embarass alot of weekend warriors and newer bikes which does give me a laugh, especially if i mention im on a restricted license.

but usually i tend to skip the bits on reviews when it comes to handling etc.. everyone has their own preference with it, some just can't get on with ducati's or any vtwin for that matter.

worse case ? i don't like it and get my 2nd choice ( RC8R obv :amen: ) :thumbsup:

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    ktm have got 0% finance on them as well :confused:hock: .

like you said tho ben handling is personally preference you might like it you might not (taken a test ride yet? :confused:cratch: )
    some mags say the 1098 has the same problem (poor weight distribution on braking and accelerating) while others don't mention it.
    saying that all that iv read do complain about the 848's suspension tho,
    my cousin mate rides one and he change the fork internals (but he's a rich bitch and dressed it in more carbon then should legally be allowed :lol: )

4. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

:aikido: Let's end this now fire, before I smiley you to death.

IMO I will never be able to (well maybe with more experience) be able to push a bike to it's total limit like some. I.e. Suspension, engine tune or tyres, I wouldn't notice any different or know if something was up. Some bloke said my Duc shock is worth like £800 but I wouldn't be able to realise how good it is because I can't pick up on things like that. Spose with time I'd be able to tell. Like on a runner the forks, suspension, brakes and tyres I can notice a difference :cray:

Keep us posted Ben :cool:

:mod:

5. bait

bait Active Member

i no im comin into this abit late but at what fire said at the top of the page about rc8 shitin on duke...thats wer ur rong lol was readin in a motorbike mag and they put the rce against the new duke cant remember quite wat its called but its like 1100 or sumin along them lines and then they put the rc8r againts the new duke r and rc8 got out performed in both cases and the 2 people reviewing the bikes both agreed the duke was better then the rc8 in both cases

if you wer talkin bout all dukes other then this 1 then i withdraw my statement :good:

6. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    withdrawal accepted bait :p ,

i are talking about the 848 vs the rc8,
    the 1098r is more or less race ready out the create!,
    its not fair to compare most things to it,
    and the standard one is better then the rc8 but not the rc8r (of topic but still :grin: )

:mod: im the smilie champ jeff you cant defeat me!! mo ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa! :mrgreen:

i know what your saying jeff, most of us if not all of us wont push any big bike we buy to the limit,
    but this isn't a case of the handling at the limit,

its handling on the road at normal pace were its meant to be a problem.
    if a bikes set up to be track bias then its usually has to compromise by being poorly set up for road riding (eg bump management etc) so im not talking chasing 10th of a second at cadwell im talking riding a sports bike the way most people do on there normal Sunday blast

im not taking anything away for the duke.... but its £9,500 to £10,495!!!!! for a new one, and its only a middle weight,

think about it..... how many of your duc's could you buy for that?

7. SALVAGED

SALVAGED Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    you should get an r1 09, with akrapovic exhausts m8!

8. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    hail the akropovics lol

the 848 looks like a zx6 with down syndrome

sorry but your r6 is sexy as fuck and id keep that. obviously your bored with it or something but seriously man its nice.

stick with yamaha

9. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    :beee:
    H O N D A :this: :clapping:

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

what a bloody smart bloke you really are :D

11. WiL_172

WiL_172 New Member

i would also prefer the r6 to be honest but i prefer the yamaha's all together, my dream bike is the yamaha R7 !!

12. Speedabob

Speedabob Member

Rides:
    Nothing init -.-
    I'd go with Honda as well...
    600 RR ? or maybe a Fireblade?

13. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    look how old this thread is guys :this:,

ben has probably brought the new bike by now, and he is never on to see the replay's any way

14. Speedabob

Speedabob Member

Rides:
    Nothing init -.-
    I wanna know what he's bought :banghead: :p :clapping: :thumbsup:

15. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    probably the 848 duke..... it's what he had his mind set on,
    and what i last read on another forum

16. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    My bad, gonna start getting my arse on here more often

Going through the running in chore at the mo, done 200 miles already so i'm probably just going to start ragging it soon enough anyway.

[​IMG]

17. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

that duke is lush, :thumbsup:

18. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Shiny day bike.... (my god i love the radial front end, amazing for stoppies)

[​IMG]
    and my now old beater :p

[​IMG]

19. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Love the looks an how thin the 848 is, shame about the tractor engine but still a sick bike.

The side panels on that CBR look much better now you've changed them to black :eh:

20. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    how much you get the RR for?