Trackday Pics

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by bEN, Sep 15, 2009.

1. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    She's also for sale on ebay making way for a newer R6 ( going for an 2007 R6-R )

Anyway did a trackie afew weeks ago, some pics, not super happy with the corners they picked but meh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    good pics, where's thre track, looks a bit like Cadwell from the rise? ..and where are you in Notts? Do you get to MFN?

3. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Yeah it's cadwell.

i go to MFN mondays / wednesdays but only for an hour or so, gets boring

4. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Yeah was gonna say cadwell. You make that bike look like a mini moto you totally swamp that lol.

Bros got a 07 r6, what's the difference with the r? Guessing like more goodies.

Who did ya do ya trackday with, was it expensive? I plan on doing more.

5. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    its just the full name for a r6 isn't it?

08 models better for not that much more cash ;)

6. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Wheres the obligitory melted tyre pic :drool:

Nice pics though.

7. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    I'd like an 08 but not seen one cheap enough yet, this is only unill i can afford a RC8 or a Ducati , IL4's don't really do it for me. so i'll get another R6 :lol:

The company i did the trackday with was Hotrax or some shit, they suck.
    unlike Donington these fucks physically check your license, so i was nearly screwed ( restricted license ) so i told them i 'forgot' it, got them to phone the DVLA up ( they charged me 5 quid for the privilage.. ) and going from past experiences when they have a brief look at my license on the system, it shows i have a full unrestricted license so i blagged it.
    The mrs paid for it anyway but i thnk it was £99 full day.

I'm 6ft but was suprised how big i appear on it o_O

8. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    get the rc8 ben do it :drool: :drool: :good: ,

how much your looking to spend?
    i saw second hand rc8's going for a little over 7 (not that that's cheap but if you want it)

9. erea

erea Member

nice pics mate should just keep that R6 save more then go for the big one :cool: :yahoo:

10. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    for benny boy ;)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DpkcOggsw&feature=sub[/youtube] :good:

11. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :grin:

Changed my mind, now going for a 748 Duke ( or 848 depending on cash ) :mrgreen:

12. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    :confused:hock: :lol: ,

get the 748 its a classic,
    the 848 is just pretty poor man's 1098 + the 1198 comes in white so it now servers no purpose in the ducati range ;)

13. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Going for the 848, went to one of the dealers today and thats it :amen:

took the sales guy a while to clock on i wanted one, the average ducati rider being between 30-40.

gonna get it and rag the shit out of it. might not clean it to piss off other ducati riders aswell.

14. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Sweet another one joins the ducati gangsters :cool:

Bro might be getting a white 848 cos he loves riding my 916.

When you getting it? Have you even been on one before or a v twin in general?

15. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    rc8 is a wicked bit of kit

but

HONDA FTW

16. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    the rc8 shits on the duke and then cums on its face for good measure.

the duke is one of the best looking bikes ,especially in white, shame it performance doest match up tho.

if you want to step up from a 600 you might as well go the full hog and get the thou if you can afford it (and insure it) benny boy.

the 848 obviously has more gonads then a/your 6,
    but at 117bhp its only a pc3 and full system difference (ok the torque is 20Nm different :drool:)

there like £9,500 new say £7,500 2nd hand if you really want a duke id get a 999s for like £5000 and treat my self with the rest :this: :good:

17. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    I'm not looking for more outright speed, that doesn't bother me.
    in the duke dealer that had a new r6 in there aswell,the model i was going to get and it just looked like a piece of plastic shit compared to the duke.
    The r6 doesn't suit my riding anyway, i ride it like a twin, wanting it to pull out of corners which obviously doesn't happen so i end up thinking ffs and dropping it a gear :yahoo:

the duke isn't much more than the r6, and for the money i'll be getting so much more, if i jumped on a new r6 it'll be to similar, the handling, power delivery etc and could see myself getting bored very quickly and regretting it, and besides, every fucker has an R6. :banghead:

only bad thing is at the moment they don't do the 848 in black so i'll go for white unless they bring one out.

18. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    lol, i know what you mean,
    funny enough the r6 isn't one of the top 10 sellers this year tho :confused:hock: . but they are common as hell.

all the powers at the top on new r6's so you definitely wouldn't be pleased, i think my cousin down gear his in the end.

bikes price have shot up so much that is ridiculous. most manufacture are asking for little under 8 for a 600!!! :blink:
    how much they asking for the duke?

i hear the dukes handling is where it falls short,
    its motors meant to be a beast in comparison to the old 749 days where ducati were still playing catch up with japs for pace

yeah its a shame they dont do it in black the do the 1098s in it with the red frame looks very slick :cool:

19. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

;)

From the 916 onwards, through the 996 and the 998, the motorcycle campaigned very successfully in the Superbike World Championship, winning world championships with Carl Fogarty, Troy Corser, and Troy Bayliss:

Year Country Rider Model
    1994 United Kingdom Carl Fogarty Ducati 916
    1995 United Kingdom Carl Fogarty Ducati 916
    1996 Australia Troy Corser Ducati 916
    1998 United Kingdom Carl Fogarty Ducati 996
    1999 United Kingdom Carl Fogarty Ducati 996
    2001 Australia Troy Bayliss Ducati 996

Ducati ain't that bad fire, and the handling is what is most known about a Duc?

My bros r6 is very quick, it's quite deceptive thinking that you're not going that fast but looking at the speedo it does show it, I've been caught out tbh. But yeah compared to other new bikes they're not as quick accel. The build quality is awful too, horrible plastic and two plastics are well known for coming completely off snapping lugs because of the way they are made, have to hold it on with velcro.

Duc out of a corner you don't need to drop gears, you can't even give it full throttle out of a corner alot of the time :beee:

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    honda....cant go wrong