top speed

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by splintg, Jan 18, 2007.

1. *James*

*James* New Member

:confused:hock: im getting myself a typh......... :confused:arc: :confused:arc: deffinately crack minor LOL

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i suppose technically it would be 1/2 typhand 1/2 hayabusa but hey, technical details.

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    your gearing and rev limiter mean the max attainable speed is 65.. do the maths. thats without factoring coefficence of drag (thas wind resistance)

these 125's you speak of are total tosh. even the rs/cagiva will do 90 in stock form, have twin exhaust ports, power valves, timing advance and WAY bigger pipes/inlet tracts. your confusing book figures with real life figures. power is irelevent with a gearing/rpm limit and the most you can hit is around 13k (thats a fully ported 172 with enlarged inlet, 8 petal reedblock, malossi crank and said huge pipe) no bolt on bike will see anywhere over 90 on the road. fuel is irelevent as the higher octain you have the more advanced the timing needs to be. on scooters the timing is fixed. not possible.

just so you know james has had a 34bhp dragster... wont do over 105 as wind resistance stops the bike in its tracks. you need over 45bhp+ to push 110 upwards so it aint happening

4. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

my m8s got a 172 sr and hes had 104mph clock speed

5. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Not going to argue any longer, just going to do it, watch this space. :cool: (this may take a few months)

6. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Seen 98mph down a slight hill on my FX'R' (125 cases, 180 barrel modded to fit cases, 180 jetting, gears, variator, clutch, belt, C/F reeds and a scorpion)

Never ragged it so hard :wtf:

...and I'm a fat bastard (about 15st!) :rofl:

7. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300

:w00t: not true the resistence of air means a bike even pushed off a cliff wont go any more then 121mph

8. skatergod

skatergod New Member

yeh your talking clock speeds.... real speeds if thats 180 gearings u wont see over around 83ish my runner koso clocks say 85mph :confused:arc: i know its not.... and koso clocks dont over read as much as standard runner clocks!

9. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Course its clock speed, I cant afford to splash out on GPS :bird:

10. skatergod

skatergod New Member

yeh but..... common sense is free :bird:

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

ok then, you go achieve what psn cant even do with hours of tig welding and untold years of porting experience. and how exavctly are you going to prove road speed?

its quite easy, go to the speed trials (east kirby i belive) and see the true speeds of thbe countrys fastest scooters. no talk, just facts

12. gazell

gazell Active Member

all this arguein of top speeds..like minor said u aint gonna do it on road..

top speed isnt important to me..its the accel i love on a scooter

13. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Dug this up offthePM website:

surely if a 178cc scooter can hit near enough 105 mph on a 1/4 mile strip, given 1/2 a mile and a slightly taller gearing, 110 is possible from a simelarly tuned 172.

14. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    not gonna happen :p

15. gazell

gazell Active Member

i aint got my tag mag @ hand but theres a section about a big bang engine and he reckons he could have got 130 out of it with better gearing ????? unless ive read it wrong

16. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

uh god...

YOUR ALL MOPED RIDERS!!!!!!!

if you wanna go fast it would make more sense just getting your full license and getting a sports bike would it not???

why is everyone so obsessed with their top speed? after 100 youd need to have some bigger wheels, a better riding position, a machine thats whole'y designed for that speed, a moped isint aero dynamic enuff and all that...

and wobbly as good as it sounds i doubt your gonna beat the top speed of a highly reputable tuning company with technitians who have thoroughly studied the theory behind a 2 stroke engine and basically know everything there is to know about that...

:rtfm:

17. *James*

*James* New Member

yeah i read that too, kickin out 38+ bhp i think :bird:

18. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848

Because the idea of a MOPED doing over 90mph is just madness. :pimp:

thats the attraction

19. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    see the faces of car drivers when you overtake them is priceless :pimp:

20. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

back on topic from all this crap lol

the runner i bought was doing near enough 75 clock speed, so 65-70 then with no mods apart from a polini belt :cool:

realisticly :bird: