the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    day off today so me and the dog went to visit family in Walsall. first thing the dog did was go to my old room. doesn't like the fact its now my brothers room, so he stole one of my brothers gf skirts and took it to the trampoline in back garden where he proceeded to rip it up and attempt to look innocent when I came out xD
    10464310_355635851251048_550300759921289393_n.jpg

2. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    he then made some mess for my mum to clean up, I left him to it and went for a bike ride.
    1422500_10200907369427994_1584490859_n.jpg
    and then as soon as I got back from the ride we left before my mother killed him :D

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    There's no noticeable damage,1st thought was bearings,that + disc + front spindle on the list,
    never had a wheel balanced,throwing that in as well.,think slide,set me back another £50-£70.mk.,
    really liking the V/C.:).

4. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    balancing would cost £10 at most by a bike place. my brother does it for free sometimes.

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Slide set me back about C£60.00 - £80.00.;).

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Noticed,especially on places like e/b.a slew of parts availible.....but-
    also noticed,alot tend to come from d/r's,an starting to think that getting re-placement bit's for V/C if needed,may come from sources suffering similar issues & other biggie,is price/ comparing in some cases with new parts,may not make economic sense to some,but with things like disc's.caliper's.tyres(not),etc.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Check the tyre pressure on a reliable gauge Mark, could be under-inflated. Or sometimes a budget tyre can have the effect. If the front disc is suspect, you will feel it hammer through the bars as you brake.

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Not budget..running C£60 range,now you mention ('vision's..melody;) ,feels 'overinflated',f.brake has more of a deja vue.hang about-is it pulling or not feel(use is a little tentative at mo),.no hammer.lever is stable,forward movement is free .no speed reduction.does bind moving few foot backwards when positioning to park up.
    Have pukka gauge,will check pressures,adjust before set off/college.mk.

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Both tyres set at peugeot recommended pressures 19(1.3) + 23(1.6),front recommended/sidewall 36? -rear,weirdly.can't see rating pressure.
    see how it goes today,taking pump(sh.ite clark/Draper gauge,with/in case).......
    P.s.,front does not seem as glued (noted before as well),skipping moments?............ .

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Made it to college o.k.,got a sense of impending doom?,mind-
    2day break.soon as I get home tonight,then V/C's OFF the road till MOT,for piece of mind & safety's sake.......... .

11. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I'm sat here in excruciating agony with my bloody left shoulder again. I've spent today driving a fork lift truck with no power steering that can only be driven left-handed, due to the steering knob being on the left side of the wheel. I've loaded a 44-footer with a full load of controlled and hazardous waste, unloaded six grand's worth of 316 Stainless Steel tubing and sheet metal for a new oven we a re building, then had to move some newly created waste into our basement area for storage until we have another full load and tidy up that area ready for Monday morning. I spent about four hours on that truck all told and didn't get my lunch until 2pm.

I had to move the waste into the warehouse area ready for loading yesterday using the same bloody truck and my arm was in spasm later yesterday evening, so I had a hot bath and caned the painkillers.

I know that I'm going to suffer for today's events over the weekend, but at least I get to see my GP on Monday evening and hopefully finally get the steroid injections that my shoulder needs.

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Looks like we're brother's in aaaaaaaarms.!.(sorry,just putting t-shirt on.;)).,
    got 'lucky'/self,pushed my r.shoulder to about 130-40%,it's getting better,managed on the ibuprofen.be a while before the notice of goes,mind-
    thankfully,on a sabbatical with the FLT,pretty assured.be o.k.,as have extension course on the cards.
    Pace it as best as poss.,only takes an instance(don't it.!.),to wake a bad one up again.
    Hope yours gets more manageable,figuring/self lately,somethings don't respond so easily down the road......................... .

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    The thought of keeping the V/C offtr till MOT time,frankly is too painful.!!.,
    specially after giving the carb.a right clean & set-up....it's like carb& throttle were made for each other.motor running as sweet as it is.:)..........so-
    got eyeballs on a wheel,good tyre,an just waiting for verifacation that disc is o.k...... -
    WHY do people take so long to respond to e-mails,for fks sake......it's been 4m13.3 seconds already.!!!!!!!!!!!!.

14. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    I never thought I would get used to joint injections. At this point I look forward to them when needed. I know I will get 2 pain free weeks after the injection.

Good luck, I hope you can try to let it heal. It is hard to and make a living at the same time.

15. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The thing is, I have to use it to break up the scar tissue inside the joint or it will seize up completely. I'm hoping that I can get some physiotherapy going once I've got the steroid injections doing their thing.

I know what you mean about making a living at the same time as trying to recover - my wife is disabled, she can't work and is slowly going blind, so I have to try and keep in work or we go under. Life sucks at times but that's the reality of it.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ordered the ready to fit,tyre+wheel/disc.:).-
    probs.not received till > sat.,time to clock a new spindle/nut+f.pads-
    looking like 2 weeks offtr.......... .
    shoulder's better,but there's a little bit/think's gonna be with me awhile.:(.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  17. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Life is a bitch, and then you die.
    Too bad Merlin. We are not alone. On the San Diego facebook page, I posted a comment on TENS units and Lidocaine Patchs. I received over 200 replies from members that are chronic pain patients. There are 15000 users of that page, but so many replies, so fast made me realize the extent of the problem.
    Many parts of getting old suck.

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'd be praying right now.....if I thought it'd work worth a f..k-
    seems i've no choice but to ride my V/C to college m-f,as updating oyster (photocard expires 1st,no top-up to expire after's),would cause me to be late c1-2 hrs.....ain't happening (top 5 pet hates,unmanaged timekeeping/being LATE),
    so recommended pressures,an puckering it up tighter than a duck's butt in water....wish me luck.o_O.

19. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I went back to see my GP this evening and it turns out that my frozen shoulder is down to calcific tendonitis of the supraspinatus, caused by degenerative calcium deposits forming in the tendons of my shoulder as a result of an injury to them in the past. I'm down for some steroid injections, but I can't get these until 27th August, as he is booked up solid until then with the surgery he runs for these injections!! :eek: It's a good job I've got the painkillers then.

20. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Why didn't he just inject you right then? It takes 5 minutes....
    Our health systems are much different in the U.S.
    I just go to the Dr. and tell him what is up. He gives a recommendation, for me usually a steroid injection, and then procedes to inject me right then if I agree.
    You have to be in pain for 2 months? Amazing.