the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Got around to taking some pictures of the Kymco ready to be listed for sale tomorrow on eBay as a spares or repairs job.

Had the Berlingo cleaned by our local eastern european friends while I did the shopping in Morrisons.

Spent the rest of the day gaming.

Currently sat in the garden with a can watching the fire.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I picked up my new Playstation yesterday, still have yet to take it out the box. Cant wait to play forza.
    Also got my tomos bits, unpacked them with help from my son, he is learning so fast now.

3. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Radio stopped working in the Berlingo some time back and I've now gotten fed up of listening to music through a cheap Bluetooth speaker so I finally got around to buying some radio keys and taking the head unit out. When I took it out and unplugged it i discovered the ariel jack was rusty as f*ck and water had shorted out the board inside the head unit :confused:o_O apparently citroen didnt think it was worth putting a gasket between the ariel and the roof so it leaks and this happens. Ariel out, Gasket made from some old bike innertube and sillicone sealant applied. ariel back on. Head unit ordered from eBay for the pricely sum of £20 which should get here Friday and ill have music again :D

Decided not to sell the kymco, going to strip it down and build a sleeper out of it :cool: Should be collecting a stolen recovered GT300i sometime next week :cool:

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hahaa french cars huh?!
    I got a £5 radio in my old pug, was well happy with it.
    A 300cc kymco would be a right laugh

BigHeavy likes this.
  5. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Its not a bad car it never fails to start and it takes some abuse
    I did Birmingham to Milton Keynes and back last night which was a M6 - M42 - M1 and return trip totalling 152 miles i started with a full tank and filled up when i got back, only used £12 of diesel.
    The Kymco fits in the back with the dog guard out and the rear seats folded up but Im getting a towbar put on soon so i can tow a small trailer instead of dismantling half the car whenever i want to haul something around
    Hopefully the head unit turns up today the bluetooth speaker works but its shite on a long journey

I got two new stickers for the back window while i was in Milton Keynes, one that says "dont steal! the government hates competition" and another that says "Do I look like A fucking people person?"

Night shift tonight a brutal 12 hour shift in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and I wont have the dogs with me to keep me amused either

6. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Head unit came in early so I got it fitted and working. Not bad for £20. Bluetooth, Aux, USB and memory card capable
    the handsfree works better than the one fitted to my In laws qashqai and now I wont get so bored on those long distance trips :D
    sss.png

Arranged collection of the GT300i, All going well it will be in the shed by next friday night ready for the engine swap to happen.

Im planning on using most things from the GT300i the only original parts of the Agility City will be the frame, body panels and lights if i can help it. Itll take some time to get the build finished and get my full licence done but it should be worth it in the end

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Had an MRI again today, think thats 6 this year?
    Took the bmw. It was a bit wet, but not cold.
    Needs a set of tyres and a big service

8. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Picked up a slow cooker this morning for £15 and bunged in a Vegan Chilli, its only me eating this week as the missus has buggered off to her mums for a week up nooorth. This vegan chilli will do for dinner tonight and lunch at work for the next 2 days then Ill probably do a stew in it for the rest of the week.

went to sleep and woke up about 12ish.. made a start on stripping the Agility City down got most of the panels off today but it was too cold to do much else

scubabiker likes this.
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Are you vegan too?
    Ive been vegan only about 3 years now.
    Its a huge part of my life...
    Anyway...
    This.
    IMG_20181109_122729.jpg

That broke who knows when...
    It looks like an ass to get out...
    The bearing feels fine though...

10. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Yep, Im a vegan
    I was 33st a year ago and had all sorts of health issues, Im allergic to a preservative they put on most meats and cheeses and the doctor said I should give it a go. Im now 21st and healthier than ever.

I had quite a few people telling me I was an idiot for doing it, telling me it was so expensive to do etc etc. I spend more on veg etc than i did before but its still half of what I used to spend on meat. Anything I miss like the occasional bacon sandwich or a roast chicken, I just get the quorn alternative. I wouldnt say its a huge part of my life, it is just something i changed for health reasons really, its just a plus that it saves me money too! This Chilli Ive made works out to about 65p per serving including the quorn mince.

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

We dont have vegan quorn here yet.
    Vegan stuff is coming down in price. We went veggy first to try and eat more healthy (read that as actually eat vegetables).
    Now we grow a lot of our own vegetables.
    And im an activist.
    The sheer volume of animals we kill each day is horrific.
    And us petrol heads end up paying the taxes for CO2...

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got to tidy the garage up now:(.......................gonna take me days:rolleyes:...................however, means I can start on the next project.:)
    Now then........which one.......the Neos or the RS100........;)

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20181111_192427.jpg IMG_20181111_204310.jpg
    Look.
    Progress....
    Those ports are miles out....

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I feel some satisfying grinding coming on

scubabiker likes this.
  15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

So do I need to find my marker pen and get a 90 degree thingy

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20181113_160028_946.jpg
    Thats a big difference... I would say im going to increase them about 40% I've not measured the difference yet, but its looking about that to me

17. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Picked up a tig welder :D
    Currently hiding from the missus :rolleyes::oops:

scubabiker likes this.
  18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I've still not done any TIG.
    My grandfather in law has a huge lincoln tig/arc thing.

BigHeavy likes this.
  19. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    I can MIG and ARC but Ive been wanting to learn TIG for some time and this Kymco build is the perfect excuse as ill need to fabricate a engine mount and I want it to look as tidy as i can get it im going to practice quite a bit before i even attempt an engine mount though for obvious reasons

scubabiker likes this.
  20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I think if you can gas weld you can do TIG.
    I like using the MIG as im pretty ok at it