the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Check the wiring before splashing out on the new cdi first, also the condition of the HT lead into the coil, coil connections, cap condition and if it is screwing in tight to the HT lead end, and the earth to the engine.

CGC likes this.
  2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    thanks for the info, but its happened a few times before but not for as long. I have been planning to renew the coil since the MOT but just thought I'll do it earlier and if the old one is ok I will have a spare. also getting a new plug cap and a bit of HT lead. light enough to keep in the tool box, and know I won't be without a spark. all the lights came on so its on the ignition circuit. shorted or loose wire or shorted cdi. 20 quid for a CDI unit, so not too severe a suprise dent in the wallet. and if its not the CDI at least I know for certain its not lol.

Stevep likes this.
  3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Caught some lad looking over my fence early this morning... went out got two more locks for the Malaguti as it lives in my back garden

So I have a ancor with chain round the bikes locking loop I have the front wheel locked through a air brick in the wall and the back wheel locked through a gas bottle and furnace bin and it’s covered up, I also have a 500w motion sesitive light and the back gate is padlocked at night

Still worried about it! any one got any good tips or tricks to help me keep it safe. My garden backs on to a ally where we park the car so any one has access to the back gardens

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    have you got an alarm and tracker

5. Sam phantom

No tracker and the alarm kept going of every time the cat sat on the seat so I disconnected it.......

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got to protect work tools at work like a good 'n;)....have a habit of placing them in places that make it difficult for me to get access to them easily/let alone one of my 'workmates' -
    Look at putting some type of security on your bike that would make it impossible if your got it wrong.to take your bike for a walkies.;).

7. Sam phantom

Ahh don’t start me on work tools lol, you can’t own anything nice any more

8. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    there are a few alarms where you can adjust the sensitivity.

9. Sam phantom

Yeah you could do that on my one but tbh no one pays attention to them any way and I can’t hear it from my flat either so it was waist of money really, been looking at trackers,some look good on amazon and only about £30 they connect to your phone. what do you think? what kind of tracker do you have ?

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    What's too stop you from parking it in your flat.?.

Sam phantom likes this.
  11. Sam phantom

My wife lol

12. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    I got one that phones me if its moves, pretty reluctant to post what type after getting the suzuki stolen, as all visitors can see any post

13. Sam phantom

What sort of price

14. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    I have had a day, checking ignition wiring, all good except the CDI unit. it was shorting exciter coil to earth. 15 years old so no surprises, the new one arrived this morning, new plug cap tomorrow, so should be on the road if all goes well. will post a guide for checking piaggio ignition in scooter guides.

15. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    20 quid

16. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    the alarms good for when your parked in shopping centre car parks and in town, or nipping in to the shop.

17. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Rig a rape alarm to your gate so if it gets opened it goes off. I use one for a temp alarm lol

Sam phantom and CGC like this.
  18. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

CCTV with a PIR light underneath it. When the light comes on the camera goes into full daylight mode and gets the scroats as clear as a bell.

Sam phantom and CGC like this.
  19. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    new suppressor cap arrived this morning, all done. Then went for a run on some country roads. fresh air again after being stuck in the house for 3 days.
    runnin as sweet as a strawberry cupcake.

Mark Emerson Trentham and Stevep like this.
  20. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    on alarms, some have 2 wires that light up your indicators, it must be a 12V spur. it could be used for anything ?