the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Hellfirehound

Hellfirehound Ivy's Owner

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    I'll give you £1 for 100% of the business

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You c an already buy scented 2 stroke oil

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol im now on a mission hahaha , curry powered scooter here i come :)

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Been bladdering up and down the A5 to Tamworth and back for the last 2 days on my xtz750.
    Now that I've finished doing all the electrics, it gave it a good shake down to see what, if anything, would come loose (connection wise that is)
    It's quite a surprisingly fun bike to ride.
    Keep forgetting that it only has 5 gears, not 6 like I'm used to.
    Finding that I'm up at 75 and still in 4th:rolleyes:
    Good high trial type Renthal bars that keep you square and upright, and I must say the Heidenau tyres are bloody good.
    I thought I was giving it a good hard banking round some corners, proper leaning into them and hard acceleration out, got home and looked at where the marks were towards the edge of the tyres..................not even close to the edge, and I mean well over an inch away.
    If I'd have gone any further it would have been arse down let alone knee down:confused:
    And it's light, so much so that it draws you into having a play with it.
    Hard into the corner, keep the power on, rip the taps open on the apex out.
    I'm going to have to be careful with this one, at least until I've got the rear brake up to my standard of liking.
    It's ok, but it can be better.
    And I've got a whole 2 days to look at it...................maybe.
    I'm itching to start the cosmetic makeover of it now, gonna look nice, like it should look, not looking like an abused tired old beast that it is now.

Bike4Life charity ride out on Sunday:D, the whole gangs going again; breakfast first in the local pub then a day of keeping the credit card in the wallet;)

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Praying i've got enough petrol to last 36 miles to next payday.;).
    Hitting the backyard later spannering on SR tooled up for battle case of emergent/cy issues.:) .

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Had a good day out at Bike4Life Festival yesterday.
    We all got there at 10:30am and had to park in the overflow car park at the bottom of the Park & Ride, it was absolutely rammed.
    No bugger was getting into Toys R Us on sunday morning:cool:, couldn't get a car on the car park, and I ended up helping some bloke get his Honda F6C running; I'm a sucker for a breakdown at these things.
    There must have been somewhere in the region of 7000 bikes by the time we got to RAF Cosford, and I did manage to get a good look at a very nice Goldwing GL1800 that may become available......................o_O:rolleyes:
    There did seem to be a lot more women riders this year as well, a welcome sight indeed, especially the young lady on the Africa Twin;)
    Wasn't quite sure what to look at first, the bike or...............:rolleyes:

Our mate from Guernsey is over for a few days as well, so it's a bit of a countdown to the tour now, talking about different things.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Replaced a brake light bulb...... .
    filled up.....£8.32 eeeek.

9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Short ride to supermarket for some helmans mayo and a pack of 100 organic cotton balls.

admired my face in the scooters now polished paint work , then set about doing some dirty work re wicking my e-cig coil head, i mean at £2 a pop im going to try and get the most out of this thing , so about 10 mins later and some poking and proding with pliers - sewing needle and sissors i got it all working pucker. also cut down my nic intake to a very low .05mg , saved me over £13 in a week to :)

converted my 2p and 1p saving jar to hard cold paper money and was suprised it came to £14 , so thats a good three tanks of fuel for the scooter , struggling money wise but i have two wheels and thats what counts its freedom for me and i dont have to be stuck indoors all the time.

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

My old XTZ750 isn't getting the mpg it's supposed to.
    Worked it out at a measley 34mpg. Not right.:confused:
    The bible says it should be doing around 26km per litre, that's 16.15 miles per litre, or around 73 mpg.
    And with this tank capacity of 26 litres, that's 400+ miles to the tank, or thereabouts.:)
    Now I don't mind losing a bit of economy, because let's face it, I don't ride like a district nurse on a sunday jaunt.:rolleyes:
    But 34mpg is not really good now is it.
    Definately a new emulsion tube and needle job for a start.:(

Stripped out the carbs yesterday, inspected the tubes and needles, definately got flat spots on the needles, you can see the polished area on them both quite clearly, and the digital micrometer confirms it, can't really see the tubes conditions, but would think they are the same.
    Oh well, £60 later and new tubes and needles ordered from NRP carbs.:mad:

May as well stick it all back together until they arrive and carry on using it, me thinks................o_O

Nah.:(
    Put them back on the bike, spitting back through the left hand carb like a spitting cobra, then got a proper good blowback and it popped the left hand carb off the manifold completely:eek:

Oh well, GTR this week then.....................at least the sun is shining here at the moment:cool:

11. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

My old CN250 wasn't performing that well although it started and ran it would struggle after 55mph.
    It's done 60000 miles but not smoking and the previous owner had changed the oil every 1000 miles as recommended.
    My first port of call was the transmission so I replaced it all with Chinese buggy clone items for app £70. This improved it to over 60 mph (and cured a vibration from the variator) and although the clutch seemed fine I replaced that as well along with a belt.
    It still wasn't right so as new carbs were ridiculously cheap(£37) I fitted one and it was suddenly like a new scooter.
    They were never that fast but 65/70 is now achievable.

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    went for a short ride to the docs after getting my court papers through ( medical court stuff , not driving/riding ) on way home i took a trip to cowshit corner, decided i needed to find out if that whirring noise happened once pedro really opened up fully.

heading down the hill i started at 40mph with the nasty whirring noise, but held the throttle open wide at 45mph it stopped or was at this point in audioble , come to the conculsion pedro will do 50mph its got the power there to do it given the large bore carb and pipe upgrade , BUT its 100% something to do with the variator/ belt combo more so the belt i think.

court comfirmation came though, been struggling these past 2+months not getting benefits at all , hence very little riding and spending nearly 24/7 stuck indoors plus no videos posted, but i am in hope things may look good, i am sure i am owed backdated pay so i may use some of that and the sale of pedro to get either a chinese honda super cub 50cc copy , or a little chinese honda dax copy , only 50cc but i can tinker with them some and get a bit extra speed, maybe do a C90 motor transplant . but i have to see how things pan out. i doubt i will do pedros variator or belt , better sold in a semi restricted mode that way the little T5c motor will last a good while in the hands of a youngster. if i let it go being able to top 50mph on redline rpm i can see its top end getting fried quicker than a monkey on a banana bender.

day 10 and 1 ciggy since giving up and moving to the e-cig. man i wish we had these things like 25yrs ago i wouldnt be so outta breath so much and falling apart at the body joints lol. onwards and upwards and hopeful to knock the e-cig on the head by christmas to :) , i will be totally vice free , unless we count scooters lol

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Lost my bike keys,rang the Boss up at 4 in the morning to get a lift in.:(.,thinking of jury-rigging ignition on Saturday or fleabay for another in case i find the key.....

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Just pop the back off the ignition block and use a screwdriver until you get a new barrel

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got the bike otr again.:):):):).

Stevep likes this.
  16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Was 5 minutes away from popping the ignition block.........
    When i found the key about a foot away from the bike.!.
    .....least i got a cpla extra days petrol out of it.:).

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    16 days off the ciggys, went for a little trip up the town to grab some wire then came home again, had a very rough night about 2hrs sleep and a night being woken by uncomfy chest pains.

spent today winding coils , well trying to, with te hands being cold a lot of tactile feeling is lost so trying to wrap 24AWG wire around a 3mm post is somewhat a challenge and getting the coils tight are next to impossible. winding motors was a more easy job you could just chuck the windings on somewhat without much worry, but these things have to be perfect and real tight together. BUT i done the job, got two 24g wires wrapped into 10coil winds real close and with an ohm reading on each at 0.9 ohms ... should last me atleast a month in the e-cig so long as i dont burn them out running dry on liquid lol.

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Long day ahead...plans to see a Speedfight.. 100 & a Neos 100 'bout 18:00 tonight in N.London.:).

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    to the vape store we went ol me and pedro, on the way we saw , one jam sandwich, two paddy wagons and a waha wha ambulance ( brushing up on my oberservation skills ), i also oggled a lady on the side walk and i did not crash .... wooohooooooo ...

so i stumble into the store fully loaded in bike gear, and headed to the on sale cheap skate section for some juices. corner of my eye i spot a little lad sitting on the sofa with his mum ( manager of shops son and misses ) , i can see he is pointing at the spada dual sport and his mum is saying yes a motorbike .......... what does one do ? ....... i turn to mum and dad and ask them if he would like to put the hat on .....

you know what, it made my day to see this little lad with a beaming smile wearing my dual sport lid, you could just see in his eyes the joy. and we even had some fun and put the sun shade down so is mum could take a selfie with him >>>>> The cowboy making kids smile anyways see attachement and you will know what i mean.

good news, health benefits re-instated while im waiting on appeal courts and a backdated lump sum of over £500 . its a shame as i dont have enough for a honda cub copy ( 795 + 99+50 ) but i could push to a kepspeed monkey bike at 695 but again cant afford the 99 quid delivery and the 50 quid registration fee. really want to move pedro on but i need pedro to do my running around on while i get a new bike and have that all sorted for the road.

Attached Files:

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got a motherf*&&$^&*^&^ing speeding ticket:mad: