the new - what have you done to your ped today thread.

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by scootzmadness, Feb 15, 2014.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    somehow ive managed to buy a complete aprillia rs50 for £70. just needs a top end rebuild but still runs. could be my next run around town or quickly get done and sold.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    What I should have done to my 'ped+ today..... 2014-10-28 19.27.06.jpg

3. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    day off so im getting a few bits and bobs done while its quiet.
    underseat lighting on the NSS300, it desperately needs decent light under the seat, I hate pissing about in the dark trying to find something, so im going to wire in a strip of LEDs under a little plastic window, cost of this "mod" £3.50 and hopefully should make my life a little easier when I do those early starts and im looking for my gloves.
    CB400 is having its tyres done today.
    and im starting on the speedfightvisionthing`s (working on a name for it) wiring loom today.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    All done.:),still debating on shortening them,will def.do a little cut & tidy on the bottom-
    reckon/just 4 nice shiny jubilee clips should pretty much take care of it.:D. 2014-10-30 15.18.55.jpg 2014-10-30 15.19.15.jpg

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Isn't the writing upside down?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'm getting there,O.K.......had 1 of them inside out when I 1st tried it,uhhm.ooops.:D.

Stevep likes this.
  7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

At least you can do something about yours, look what I did on the katana!

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    No pic.....
    ?was that the writing thing.?.,as usual too dazzled too notice.:D. 2014-10-30 18.25.38.jpg

Stevep likes this.
  9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    oooh do like those..... might have to get a few sets for some of my bikes :rolleyes:

todays stuff that actually got done.
    wheels of the CB400 and dropped off at local bike shop to have tyres swapped over, I shall collect them on my way home tomorrow which means no riding the NSS300 to work tomorrow, I shall have to drive.
    NSS300 - LED strip wired in behind a plastic window under the seat with a switch wired in on the legshield, looks like it was there from standard which was my goal :D then washed and polished the scooter.
    made a start on the wiring loom for what I shall now call the speedion (vision/speedfight), got the rear lights sorted so I have the brake light working off both levers and ive adapted a connector onto the vision indicators, did a quick test and they seem to work albeit they flash quite quick but fronts aren't wired in yet so well see if they flash slower once fronts are done.

I got other stuff done too but wasn't ped related so shall post in other thread.

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one. Put the suzuki decals upside down on the lower panel
    [​IMG]

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Filled it with go juice, let it idle on and off. Apart from that BUGGER ALL!

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    feel like smashing the NSS300 up with a sledgehammer right now. earlier I bought a puncture repair kit from the bike shop, sorted the punctures out. rode over to Walsall making sure I didn't exceed to quoted 60mph on the packet. rode back. back tyre has lost a little air but front is solid. its booked in for new tyres anyway but a new issue. I have no lights. wonderfull.

13. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    bled the front brake on the varadero before work.
    rode it to work. front brakes failed. now riding on rear brake only and engine braking.
    piece of shit. ragged it home. made it tick nicely.
    NSS300 still with Honda. they reckon its a problem with the "ECU". urggghhhhhhhh
    I just want something fucking reliable to get to/from work on :mad:

14. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ordered 4 sets of front wheel bearings,for the
    V/C.;).

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

This aerox i took in part ex is really pissing me off now, just cant get it to go properly. Runs great, picks up smashing, until you put the wheel on the floor!
    I put the strongest springs in the clutch, a 2000rpm torsion spring, double shimmed the variator, 3.3gr rollers, new belt, cleaned and jetted the carb, changed the pipe just in case that was the cause, it wasn't, checked the compression, it's 110psi, the damn thing just has no grunt off the line.

16. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    ive not had much time to play with the vision project lately but seeing as my brother has been living with me past few days I got him to do some basic wiring on the vision, just wiring lights up. hes actually done quite a good job.
    so we now have all working lights, the speedfight dash is cable tied ontop of the standard vision one for now. controls are wired up, dash is just the last thing to be done.
    its now at the point where we have been able to get it started for a whole minute before it cuts out.
    but im happy ive got to this point with it. next is to sort out why it wont run for any longer than a minute and take it for a quick test down the road and back. then its strip back down, respray and build back up. and then. only then can I allow photos of it to be taken and uploaded.

17. solorider

solorider Member

Rides:
    Longjia LJ50QT-K
    I have got my Chinese scooter going at last, for some unknown reason it wouldn't run properly on the original carb so I used the carb off the spare bike I bought, now I have to wait for the lighter rollers to turn up as it is a bit sluggish off the line, it does 50mph without trying on the flat (it will do more but I am running it in)

Stevep likes this.
  18. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    got a little time to play with the chinky today.
    had a quick look at the frame and its already been hammerited so one less job there.
    new belt and rollers.
    fresh oil.
    new spark plug.
    removed those silly L plates. fitted new speedo cable and changed the front brake pads.
    runs nice and smooth for a chink and rides OK. will do a bit of a ride on it tomorrow to test it out properly.

19. 2many2strokes

2many2strokes suck squeeze bang blow thats the way i like to go!

Rides:
    zzr1400
    picked up another scooter:D got a 59 plate sym symply 125 for peanuts just needs the seat latch cable reconnecting. and fitted new ignition system to the MZ. need a biggr shed now its getting cosy with 7 bikes now.:rolleyes:

scootzmadness likes this.
  20. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    80cc kit etc ordered for chink scoot.
    hopefully here mid-end next week. get it all fitted next weekend and start running it in.