The Law relating to helmets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rustyscooter, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Post the video on here or on Youtube with some sort of "ZOMG!! Look at this loser with no helmet on!!!" headline and then we can all take turns to diss his stupidity. There's more then one way to deal with arseholes like this.

rustyscooter likes this.
  2. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    The video shows his face and will identify him, is that not illegal, his wife is a solicitor as I said previously, so is her sister, would this not cause me trouble, I tried to find out about this before but I couldn't,

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If you call it "Idiot riding without a helmet on" and don't name names, then you aren't identifying him, are you? If others name him then it's not your doing. You are "Merely commenting on the stupidity of riding a bike with no helmet on" and that's entirely factual and how can they sue you, for his unsafe act and stupidity?

It's a shame that he didn't fall off - you could have sent it to 'You've Been Framed' and the irony in sending it in would probably get lost on him...

rustyscooter likes this.
  4. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    With the Police there are two of them usually to back each other up.

When it's just you, it's your word against his and that isn't enough. You say one thing, he says the opposite and it won't go further for a minor offence.

Shame the video wasn't enough. Post it up, nobody can stop you filming in public, there is no law against it. Think what Youtube would be like without people filming idiots doing daft things ;)

rustyscooter likes this.
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Set up an account,not in your name,public computer,bish bosh. ;) .

rustyscooter likes this.
  6. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade

Yes Gemma, I see your point and I would agree with you, and my video would be more than adequate to bring action against him, but if there is a way for my next door neighbours to cause me trouble they will, even if it means making false allegations about me, they will do it and have done many times, you have no idea what they have done to me, the leverage is that two of the daughters are young newly trained solicitors keen to make my life hell just because they can.

7. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade

Mark....:).....this is more than I can understand, I have the tiniest of minuscule amounts of knowing nothing about doing things with a pc, it took me 4 years to learn how to copy and paste :D

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Not overly brill on the pc myself,last one I had was a zx spectrum 48k..,
    Copy + paste to me = paper + glue!.,
    it's a case of trial an error mostly an law of averages -
    you get what you put in,which in my case is mostly b.all,as managed to live fairly well without,
    brought up with the mentality never to place too much reliance on something,case it's taken away.,
    It's not rocket science,you don't have to be an electronic genius,f..k knows i'm not. ;) .

9. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    I have tried to post a video but I don't know how,

Nor does Mark........:D.......:p

10. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Blimey O'Reilly! I thought all of you young'uns were tech-savvy. I'm an old fart, I can do this and the socket in the back of my head is RS-232 serial, not USB 2!! :p:D

11. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    My excuse is that I am just too young to know yet.......:p.....time for nappy change..:D

12. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    Blimey guys you click on the film icon to the right of the tree in the post reply box, the one that says 'media' when you hover the mouse over it.

Then you paste the link from Youtube... ...assuming it's been uploaded already to Youtube....

13. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    What if, the video is not on youtube, then what, can it be down loaded to this forum directly.

14. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    Unless the forum admin can tell you otherwise, I think you need to upload it to Youtube first.

Got be worth the effort, even if you can't get him done for it, you'll have the satisfaction of us lot agreeing with you that he's a total twat ;)

Merlin likes this.
  15. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Yes,I think he should be done for riding a motorcycle without a helmet, just the same as if he had no road tax or no insurance, but for some reason, the police wont do him,

16. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Post the Youtube clip then let the Daily Mail or The Sun find it...;) They love this stuff and it may shame the Police into action.

17. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    If it was posted on youtube, would it not be old news, the newspapers would then not be interested.

I had an update from the police, they cant issue an osco, so it has been sent to the court, I suppose it will now be dropped.

18. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    It might not be, I'm no solicitor but I know video is much more acceptable as evidence than it use to be. I've heard of people getting endorsements for speeding for example after they posted up clips on Youtube clearly showing the speedo well above the speed limit. As you have said the guy is clearly identified in the clip, I really can't see why it shouldn't be evidence. Fair enough the copper you spoke to didn't see it happen themselves, so can't do much, but the court should be able to from a video clip?

rustyscooter and Merlin like this.
  19. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    It can't hurt to try it and think about this; if you do nothing, then you can't complain about your situation, as you have a chance to do something about it. I've always told my kids that "The worst thing you can do is nothing".

You suffer what you are prepared to accept without action.

That's my Confucius-style philosophical moment over with.

20. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    The PC did say that the DVD evidence was sent to the court,