sym basix mx bar conversion ? what stem

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by chaise, Apr 10, 2012.

1. chaise

chaise Member

Rides:
    sym jet basix 50cc
    wanna get this project finished soon :) ran into a bit of trouble today when was playing with the manifold/carb :O
    after a few hours head scratching realised i had managed to flood the crankcase with how the carb was positioned
    :( took a lot of kicking with a rag in the place of carb and reeds to mop the fuel up as it caught on the crank but got it sorted thankfully

2. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    you flood the crankcase with fuel?? how can this happen?

3. chaise

chaise Member

Rides:
    sym jet basix 50cc
    playing with the carb had it at an angle in the manifold didnt realize there was fuel dripping through and left it while i ate lunch sorted now tho

4. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    how did you sort it man??

5. chaise

chaise Member

Rides:
    sym jet basix 50cc
    the fuel was sticking to the crank as i kicked it with carb and reeds of so put a rag onto crank through where reads sit and kicked it till rag didnt get wet anymore bolted everything back on and started it ran like sh**te for a few mins till it cleared rest out

6. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    clever! haha

7. chaise

chaise Member

Rides:
    sym jet basix 50cc
    should of payed more attention to what i was doing and wouldn't of had the problem in the first place lol oh well learn from your mistakes

8. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    yeah thats right everyone learnes after a mistake or two ;) noone is perfect!

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

on the subject of MOTs, my bike went through an MOT with just a headlight and tail light and a speedo, because you can use your arms to signal other road users you are slowing down, also my bike doesnt have a front brake light switch, if its not fitted, its not needed. but thats a geared 125 might be differnt for mopeds (i have read through the vosa handbook for mot testers) cant quite remember...

10. Kieran-painter-19

Kieran-painter-19 Aerox been tango'

Rides:
    Aerox 70 (Annie)
    I used a speed fight stem on my sym image.jpg

TalkToShank and chaise like this.