Suzuki Address weird noise when revving

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by VirtualMark, Feb 15, 2023.

1. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

Hi, my girlfriend's Address has suddenly started making a sort of scraping noise when it revs. It ticks over fine, but once the revs are up a bit it sounds like a clanging sound, almost like a metal fan hitting something.

Anyone know where I should start? She just had the tyres changed today, and since then it started, could it be related?

Any info would be appreciated as I don't know much about these bikes, she's only had it for a few days.

2. BlokeOnABudget

BlokeOnABudget Member

Rides:
    Neco Abruzzi 50
    Have you checked the fan shroud? (I know it's obvious, but sometimes we can overlook the obvious)

3. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

To be honest nothing is obvious to me yet, I've never worked on one of these. Just been reading about the variator, wondered if it might be that?

I'll check around the fan shroud. The noise has just come on suddenly which is why I wondered if it could be related to the tyres being changed, but it may be coincidence.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Put it on the main stand, have the girlfriend rev it until the noise starts, then listen closely around the bike to try and isolate the area it's coming from.
    Alternatively, take it back to where the tyres were fitted and tell them it started after they worked on it

5. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

Found the problem. It was the foot guard on the exhaust, one end has come loose and was rattling against the exhaust.

Thanks for the replies.

BlokeOnABudget likes this.
  6. BlokeOnABudget

BlokeOnABudget Member

Rides:
    Neco Abruzzi 50
    Glad it was something simple.