Starting problems with Honda NSC Vision 50

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Seagear, May 4, 2020.

1. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I lived in norway for a year. And i actually understand danish better since, the writing and phrases is similar between norwegian and danish. For example. The phrase: dito, or likewise. Is - Detsamma on swedish. But in norwegian its- på like måte, In danish it the same to, but sound something like- på lie må. In Finland youll get far just by saying- Perkele :). Jokes aside. Hope you sort it out

Seagear likes this.
  2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    That to me sounds like you have a badly corroded connection or wire
    if corroded it makes a resistance in the wire so using a battery charger boosts it a little.
    If you can find the live supply and earth to the engine management system, try a temporary wire for both from the battery to see if it starts.
    When I got my scooter had to replace the harness as the earth through all the the harness was corroded.
    I found this out as the earth cables were stiffer than the rest of the wiring, green dust from the copper

Seagear likes this.
  3. Seagear

Seagear New Member

I purchased a second hand fuel pump from Norwich Via eBay and now the scooter works fine.

Stevep likes this.
  4. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Nice. Happy you got it in order

Seagear likes this.
  5. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Glad to see you found the problem

Seagear likes this.
  6. Seagear

Seagear New Member

Son joined yesterday to the club of fallen bikers after unsuccesful braking. No injuries or damages except bruised ego. Honda's brakes were too effective...

7. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Are the disc,s or brake drums a little rusty as this will cause the brakes to grab hard?

8. Seagear

Seagear New Member

Yes, the brakes are OK. It was just a panic braking.

9. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Ah ok