Sr125 build help!

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Bumlethal, May 30, 2010.

1. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
  2. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

thanks dude... yeah its about that time...im gettin sick of lookin at my fuel meter every 15-20 miles....haha....wen its time to race for pride ill put the 28mm pwk back on :grin:

3. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    lol, thought of having a bigger or even a secondary tank for longer distances ?

4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy New Member

the only problem with a secondary tank on these things is that the original tank isnt sealed and so you would have to seal the original in order for it not to spill over and you would also have to install a large nipple in the original tank and run a large hose from the secondary tank to the primary tank.

bum....looking good. ive been watching you over on TR and im jealous that you got a motor from overseas to the states...if only i had that kind of money to sink into mine. i mean, i do have a malaguti motor in mine so thats like EDM instead of JDM....right??

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    theres alternativew ways to do a dual tank...

ive done a typh double tank by simply tapping an extra pipe fitting to above the level of the second tank, pump fuel from the first tank into the second tank via the original fuel tap placement in the first tank, this runs into the bottom of the second fuel tank, then once full it comes out the breather at the top of the second tank back up to the first.. obviously you take your fuel feed from the second tank.

if you look up the typhoon 125 or gilera runner fuel system it will all seem prity clear as they both run double tanks (yes the runner secondary tank is less than a pint, but its there and has fuel pumped from the lower tank into it, wich then recirculates back up a pipe into the main tank.

6. Surferdude

Surferdude Member

Rides:
    Area 51 50cc w/c
    Can you not just put a t peice in or a tap if you know what I mean. Two tanks joined by a t joint/ 3way tap.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    they would have to be the same volume/hight to balance properly, unless one was sealed and below the top tank. it is a simple way of doing it tho. sort of a secondary reserve tank the top feeds into. the bottom tank's top would have to be below the bottom of the top tank for it to actually fill up tho.

8. NatureBoy

NatureBoy New Member

updates? i havent seen any, not even on TR!!!!

9. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

Sorry fellas for not updating in awhile.... Been super busy with work saving to ship my motor to minor lol.... Not kidding haha.... I'll shoot some pics and give more details soon

10. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

[​IMG]
    here's a side view of how she stands today.... Color will change prolly end of the year but other than that she's how I want her.... I'll take more detailed shots soon

11. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

Sorry If this is a double post... (iPhone lag so not sure if the last one went thru).... Anyway I ran into a Lil problem the other day... My clutch exploded while riding... I have a source for the clutch and clutch bell but I can't find a source for the gear cover that sits behind the clutch ... I need this because it was damaged as well when the clutch blew :banghead: .... It's the cover that holds all the gears and rear wheel and clutch axle.... Any help from u guys will be greatly appreciated...

12. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
  13. NatureBoy

NatureBoy New Member

you blew your clutch.....how was it before it blew?!?!?!?! just waiting on updates man