Sr125 build help!

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Bumlethal, May 30, 2010.

1. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

nope......definately wont work....totally different master cylinders and disc mechanism....

2. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

this is why im confused with what electricals to buy
    heres 1 aprilia sr125 regulator
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APRILIA-SR-12...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2eabd90560
    heres the another sr125 regulator
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APRILIA-SR125...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item335dfb4e41
    heres a gilera runner regulator
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GILERA-RUNNER...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a59a2910c
    now many says theyre the same but the first link has the most common rectifier.....looks totally different than the runner......would that work with the runner 125 stator and flywheel??? the answer to this would help me a ton..... :cheers:

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the rec is fuck all to do wiht the engine prittymuch, its usually dependant on the rest of the wiring, wich on aprilias, is shit, pritty similar to the rest of them then. dont use a runner rec. use a rec that matches the loom your using or if your nocking somthing up then dont run a rec. can wire a killswitch wihtout one and cut off the charge coils in the stator. if your running a loom then ether use the 50 loom wiht an apropriate rectifier or run whatever rec off the loom your going to adapt to your bike. sorted.

4. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

thanks minor......yea i ordered aprilia loom so i went with the aprilia rectifier......that was the answer i was looking for........ all the basics have been ordered!!! motor, wheel, harness, rec/reg, flasher relay, starter relay, gilera 180 flywheel n stator, gilera cdi, gilera 180 variator....now i just gotta wait for these to arrive then start ordering the go fast parts.... malossi bbk, crank, carb and tdr exhaust!!!

5. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

:cheers:

6. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172

Hi, Sorry to be going off topic a little.
    But what's the procedure for a 55mm crank? Do I need to drop the ports 3mm? and I think the 55mm crank comes with a 1.5 packer plate? Or am I going in the wrong direction here?
    Or if you have any port maps of just barrel correction for a 55mm crank you could throw up on here? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Conor.

7. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

wanted to share with you fellas....special thanks to pete from TDR, shiny-red, and the guys at psntuning :yahoo: i started this thread with having nothing but a sr125 engine case and slowly but surely im gonna turn it into a beast..hopefully :cheers: this is a very amateur motor to some of you respected builders but to me it has come a long way haha...hope you guys enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

that looks sexy :thumbsup:

9. D1nzfe

D1nzfe Member

Rides:
    SR
    wat reedvalve are u using? do u need more porting on the case to fit?

10. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

if youre talkin bout the manifold its a stage6 with spacer....i have two options...grind a small corner in the case so that it sits flush or machine the stage6 spacer....most likely im going to machine the manifold spacer haha......looks great though...too bad it doesnt fit out of the box

11. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

This is currently where I'm at... I'm basically mocking up the motor to the frame... I was wondering which spark plug you pros recommend?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

the std heat plug should be fine...

13. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

Hi everyone... Changing to rear disc.... How do I take off that stud that holds the brake drum in place? I know one of them is for the lever but the other ones a straight stud.... I may go bakbyo drum one day so I don't wanna cut it

14. shiny red

shiny red New Member

with your TDR i would run an 8 rather than a 9 if your just going to screw it in there then a br8es is plenty good enough but if you fancy spacing the plug as your engines apart then go for a BR8E-IX well worth the extra effort for a small gain .
    i would not cut the case to use the stage six mount theres far better manifolds that dont look as trick but work so much better straight and short is not always better the one i use is 11 quid from ve .
    when you fire that engine up for the first time savour the sound of the TDR at full throttle it will give you a boner :blush:

15. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

http://www.scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4833&start=60

16. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

thanks shiney...lookin forward to WOT with the TDR :yahoo: and thanks CDave for the link...i banged that rod out from the transmission side after heating it with a torch for a lil bit and it came rite out......
    now...does anyone have a rear caliper for sale...??? :beg:

17. DASH.

DASH. New Member

Rides:
    Zip 70.
    Try ebay loads on there.

18. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

thanks dash...i checked there but no cigar...but i got lucky because i found a guy locally that sourced one for me....its not that easy in california to get parts for these motors but i guess i got lucky :grin:

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i have a caliper nocking about ;)

20. Bumlethal

Bumlethal Member

U got a pm!!! :grin: