spray paint

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by 125TypHXR, Apr 26, 2010.

1. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

ne of you lot used montana or molotow/belton spray paints for doing pans they got some nice couler's. :mrgreen:

2. AeroxJoe

AeroxJoe Member

Rides:
    1999 Yamaha DTR125
    English ?

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I've used black. They are thick and glossy. Can get away with less primer. Might be too thick for some people though?

4. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

yer they are quite thick i've used them for graff but never done pans with them. they do matt coulers aswell, im going to spray my new set with montana hardcore flourescent yellow.

[​IMG]

5. tErr0

Deffo use a fat cap or if you can find one then one off a car paint can. Sort of long flat line.

Let us know how you get on. I like them and £2.50 for a can is nice too.

6. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

yer ima gonna use a pink or gold phat cap. not gonna be painting for a while yet neways but will post up when ive done it. where u get cans for £2.50

[​IMG]

7. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Man I used some black that terro got me years ago / 2006 I think it was, and it came out bloody SPANKING, like near enough pro looking, thick and glossy with reflection. Its a a bit wierd to sand down tho, really chalky? I remember that stuff well!

8. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

yer its wicked paint man, takes alot of over spray to get it dripping lol.

9. tErr0

There's a shop in Brixton Market that sells them for £2.50 got a slight thought that they may now be £2.60 or something but still cheap.

10. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

yer that's ''steaz'' ''dds'' shop, used to go there years ago when it first opened.

11. tErr0

Wasn't gonna name it incase it baffled you. ;) not even sure if his shop actually has a name. Used to buy paint off him when he sold it out his big arse bag!

12. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    useless for pannels... cant buff it, doesent like fuel nor rain really, its made to go on thick onto bricks... its basicly a white road marking paint with whatever pigment/toner colour you wish to make, absoloutly useless for anything worth doing, yes it go's on heavy and comes up nice.. but wont last and is a pain when you come to flat sand or finnish the job properly.. good for a hastle free bodgy paint job, but i dont do that myself.

14. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep

shops gone now, they moved, i get tx every now and then about deals

15. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Only used the Belton Molotows, never used montana. and never used it on plastic either so can't comment on what they'd come out like, but they look to be very glossy?
    Theres 2 shops in southend that stock both brands and the Montana Golds? They have like a duel pressure thingy magigy or something in them LOL, not too sure, but means less shaking or something??