speedfighter 2 50cc LC 70cc kit HELP!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by swrk, Feb 7, 2017.

1. swrk

swrk Member

thank you and yh i have the variator tool and yh iv get 6g in there and thank you

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if you have 6g rollers leave them in and just try with an upjet on that new pipe , if its a bit slow on hills and dont pull to well on takeoff, drop down to 5g rollers but NO MORE.

0-30mph should be ok'ish ........ 30 to 40 maybe 45 its going to start to take off at around 30mph and rapidly accelerate to its top speed ( the powerband kicks in and the pipe does what its made to do produce extra horsepower at those rpm ranges ).

remember HOONING = licence loss

so respect that scooter and your licence dont be an idiot rider, use the power and speed when its needed dont abuse the scooter or you will break it , check your fluids regular like oil and if your water cooled the cooling fluids, keep your filter nice and clean and try not to use cheap £4 a bottle mixing oil .

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  3. swrk

swrk Member

thank you and yh i know im 21 so im not some boy ricer haha just need to keep up with traffic and yh i only put the best mixing oil in :)

4. swrk

swrk Member

there is no number on the main jet ??

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thats a hard one then , the main jet-pilot jets usually have a number stamped in the side wall or into the top of them , the sizes also vary from year to year on the speedfights to what i can gather.

i would try a jet set from 60 to 72 . pop in a 60-62 jet see how it plays out, stuff a new sparkplug in , run it hard on throttle for around two mins the trun off ignition when your max throttle ( coast to a stop with the engine cut off) then take the plug out and read it, your looking for a milk chocolate colour on the outer ring of the plug , if its black its to rich - if its a white'ish color its to lean - if its a chocolate brown/tea stain brown its running in the sweet spot.

with an upjet you will need to readjust and set the idle mixture screw and the idle screw ;).

keep an eye on that temp gauge to if she gets overly hot she is running to lean and requires a bigger jet again

6. swrk

swrk Member

thank you i got a 66 in it and low revs and bottom end it feels like its needs more feul but when it gets to about 35 it seems fine

7. swrk

swrk Member

and will a racing cdi and drive belt make a different ?

8. swrk

swrk Member

also i heard somewhere that its faster if you mix rollers like half 6g and half 9g is this right ?

9. swrk

swrk Member