speedfight bar conversion.

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Cockers, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

Hi,

I'm looking into doing a bar conversion on my speedfight seen pictures of a few and they look well.

what i'm wondering is if anyone who's done one could give me some tips? whats included what do i need to buy bar the obvious handle bars stem and stuff!

I want new bars digi clocks and new switch gear! maybe even in time viva city forks and get rid of the swing arm system on the front!

advice is appreciated

2. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    its easy to do mate, i got the doppler stem and pm tuning bars as a set on ebay for £20 off someone. All you do is take off the front panel, take the plastics and off the handle bars and undo the speedo, bolts for throttle, switchgear and brakes, undo the bolt holding the bars to the forks and bolt the new stem and bars on and tighten brakes, switchgear and throttle back on! All you got to do then is get a digital speedo. The doppler stem ive got is about £30 and the PM Tuning bars are £20 on some websites. Theres a few different digi speedos out there with different prices.

Cockers likes this.
  3. Cockers

ah sound been looking at them! like it's a possibility after I get my new body panels! I was thinking of selling this speedy but going to keep it and build into something reliable and keep it! cheers for the advice dude!

4. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    its okay mate, if i still had my speedy it would have a 172 in right now, but shamefully its gone:(

5. Cockers

I've considered swapping engines etc as well haha! think I want to get it running sound as it is now then get the conversion and body kit done!

6. Cockers

Lol just done a quick tally up for body kit digital clocks and fuel gauge and bar conversion is 358 quid :O

7. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    i have a pre done wiring loom for the digital gauges if you wish to buy it :)? koso clocks btw the square one

8. Cockers

Will get back to you mate, don't keep it for me though! still unsure on what im going to do as of yet! cheers though

9. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    it's just sat in my shed, yours if you pay postage or it goes in the bin, but as said no rush :)

10. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    id have it off you Jonny:)

11. InsaneONE

InsaneONE Active Member

Rides:
    aprilia SR 125
    I'm doing a downhill bar conversion to my sr got a stage6 stem and stage6 switch gear and renthal bars. getting a speedo soon but need to find a button to go on the bars for start/horn can't find one on its own only thing I can think to use is a crosser kill swtich/button.

12. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    stage 6 switch gear ?

13. InsaneONE

InsaneONE Active Member

Rides:
    aprilia SR 125
    Already got a stage6 switch gear that only dose indecatiors lights(on/off) and a red push button for start/horn. Need anouther push button and a flick switch to go on the leg Shield for full/dip beam