Speedfight 50 ac tuning

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by huttster, Jul 16, 2020.

1. huttster

huttster New Member

Hey, we bought a speedfight 50 ac for my sons 16th, it had allready had the variator washer removed and was running 5.5 gram rollers, was running ok'ish, i took the washer out of the exhaust, performance air filter, went up from a 52 main jet to a 54 and changed the clutch spring to a new black one to good effect, have been trying different weights to see what difference it would make, at the moment it has 3x6 and 3x7 =39g, tried 6x7=42 but seemed sluggish, also 6x6 for a 36g, do 5.5's sound a bit light? Only problem now is sometimes on pullaway it does nothing, no revs, just sits there until something clears and off it goes, not all the time just when it feels like it, getting on my tits, anyone got any clues please?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

up the main jet size.
    Taking the washer out the pipe and fitting a performance air filter is letting the exhaust gases escape quicker. You have to balance this extra gas escape with extra fuel input.

3. huttster

huttster New Member

Thanks Steve, good advice as after i posted this i changed the main jet to a 60 and is running sweet now, gonna change weights to original 5.5g x 6 and see what happens then, thanks for replying