Speedfight 2 project :)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by SF RIDER, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The Bus Atm :(
    Hey all :) i have a 57 plate speedfight euro 2 AC.
    IMG00137-20110708-1653.jpg
    After a year of having my speedy, i finally gave in to doing a full re build (with the added reason of the piston seizing :p). during the year of having it, the only thing i did was get a TT exhaust and air filter. i up jetted the carb to 92 i think :confused: but i knew the piston was not going to last long, due to the carb being fucked -_-. the fuel air mixture screw had broken off into the carb, i dunno how the previous owner managed to do it but o well. i have kind of all ready started my project but i think i will share with you all my ideas on what i want doing and what i hope to achieve.

since i have heard speedfights are not the best to tune speed wise, i am going to make the best out of it, with a ok budget.
    Here are some of things i am going to order and do:
    • 70cc mid race motoforce cyclinder ac
    • Top performance nardo exhaust
    • motoforce full circle crank (15,000rpm) euro 1 type (GOT)
    • new euro 1 crankcase half (GOT) Need to know how to seal the mechanical oil pump hole, since i am going to still run my leccy one and dont want to lose compression.
    • Artek race ignition with lighting (GOT) instructions are in french does anybody know how to install it :confused: i got a small idea but dont want to mess it up and blow things.
    • BMG Pro 17.5mm carb (GOT) UPGRADED to 21m pwk carb
    • BMG Pro intake manifold and reed block (GOT) UPGRADED to stage 6 intake
    • primary and secondardy gear up kit
    • Doppler Red variable boost bottle
    • Red fuel hoses
    • New oil hoses
    • Malossi overrange kit if i can find one
    • Stage 6 cnc race drive face (so losing leccy start)
    • malossi delta cutch (may just stay with standard one, and up springs)
    • TRK pailio RSD Forks (GOT) re built these and fitted already with new bearings
    • 12inch vivacity front rim (GOT) want it chromed
    • new evo body kit black
    • monoxx quad headlights white LEDs
    • str8 rear LED brake light with indicators blackline
    • str8 chrome stem
    • str8 red handle bars
    • quick action throttle
    • Stage 6 switch gears
    • few other small things.
    As you can see, i will end up with a basically new speedy :p. ATM i lacking a bit of funds, but hopefully new job soon with higher pay :rolleyes:

i will be slightly doing some work on the engine; porting intake, exhaust port polished and might flowcases if i am feeling brave :p i am only looking for the speedy to atleast hit 70mph, but i want it to have a lot of torque so i can wheelie the hell out of it XD btw does anybody know of any places that can chrome stuff for me ?

Spent a fair bit on tools already, case splitter, crank installer, impact wrench... blah blah. so i want to start makin money by fixing up non runners later so any suggestions which bike i should go for, which sell easy.

i will get some pictures up soon on what stage i am at. i'm abit busy atm due to college and work, so this project may take a while but hopefully she will look beautiful ;D

the stage i am at; i need cyclinder and new gaskets and spark plug to get it back on the road to enjoy the spring weather, then everything else will be a work in progress when i have time, but want it done soon anyway :D so stay tuned :cool:

Speedy euro 2 convert to euro 1, with fork conversion ;) what a stunner in RED/BLACK/CHROME ;)

2. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Looks like a pretty awesome project.

If it was me, I'd ditch the 17.5mm carb and get a 21mm dellorto. Well worth the money.

3. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    thanks.
    I only got the carb because it was cheap, £40 for the carb, intake and reed block and at the time i got it the speedy was still running, but it seized up before i got to install it, damn broken carb :( i was thinking a 19mm carb to save a lil more fuel :p and either the enki intake with the v shaped reed block or the stage 6 one.

4. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Lol. 40 quid ain't bad for all that.

I use the Enki and find it really does make a performance different. As for fuel efficiency I have only noticed losing about 10-15miles range from a full tank from a stock carb!

For the few extra pounds a month the 21mm is well worth it! :D

5. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    i know :) well i havent really made up my mind on the carb. i am definately going to look in to the Enki intake.
    and good news is that hopefully i will be ordering my cyclinder and exhaust next week :D so i might start work on my intake port. going to look in to how i can flow my cases.

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Don't need both gear ups just a primary. Have full speedfight 2 cases if you want them good luck with the project.

7. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    If you do some flowing definitely upload piccys of it as I'm tempted to have a go on mine.

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Go on shiny's fb page, he's done speedfight cases.

9. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    yeah thanks for the heads up, that will save me about £40 :p and no thanks i dont need the case, but if its a one from with the mechanical oil pump i wouldnt mind the pump and screws to put it on. i still need to seal the oil pump hole on my new case half. yeah i will have a look at his page mate, i am more and more feeling to flow my cases, just need some new carbides and stones for my dremal :D and no doubt tez, i'll take some pictures.

10. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Nah I ran a electric pump. In all honesty. All pumps are shit. Please just run premix. Or you'll have a nice big bill coming your way.

11. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    too lazy to keep premxing and, i am running a electric pump too, but i just need a old pump or seal of some sort to seal the mechincal oil pump hole. since my new case half is the euro 1 case.

12. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    You'll be blowing your motor sooner or later then, coming from some one who blew a speedfight up lol.

13. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    i thought the speedy's leccy pump was good since the higher the revs the more oil it pumped because of the delly cdi, oil regulator thing :p but if anything i might just add oil the petrol here and then. looked at some pictures of flowed cases on here, couldnt find any on shiny's fb. tbf i dont know which shiny you was on about :confused:.

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  15. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    link does not work :confused: and arr unlucky. gonna get my dremel bits weekend and start on the intake port and going to finish cleaning the case.

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    [​IMG] :)Shinys work on 100cases, But they're the same.

17. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    i was looking on here some where, and some one had grinded out the divider in the intake port. i was plannin on doing this because fuel will just bounce off it. what are your thoughts ?

18. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Not sure to be honest. Never cut my cases, but shiny left it in so must be there for a reason.

19. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Been busy at the moment so havent really worked on speedy. Only worked on taking old gaskets off and bearings out, but good news. New cyclinder has arrived :D along with new bearings for crank and new gasket set (dont need some of the gaskets). Got 3 new bearings and seals :eek: one came with case half and couldn't find a new single one to buy so just got the set. Awaiting exhaust, bank messed me around and declined my order to scooter attack o_O but its all sorted so hopefully exhaust here soon, then gonna have it chromed. Need a carbide burr to do my porting and flowing, if anyone knows where to get an individual one, tell me please not looking to spend £40 on a set when i just will only really need one. planning on to just epoxy the oil pump hole up, unless anyone has a spare mech oil pump with bolts just to seal it easier. Very tempted to get the sanding paper out to start on polishing the tranny case and wheels. At moment just want to give the engine a general clean and fresh look, going to paint the cases in gloss black aswell. Have seen how to port my intake, just need a better guide on how to flow cases and match cyclinder.:cool: IMG00227-20120330-1939.jpg
    The hole i was on about in the euro 1 crank case half that needs to be filled.

20. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    woah a lot of shit has to be done as i see lol :p
    ps everything you want to buy and for cheap try searching on ebay ;)