Speedfight 2 project- MHR, Nardo - *new custom front end*

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by lukeyboixrace, Mar 2, 2008.

1. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

x2 LOL

i can figure out what the crack with it is :rofl:

2. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

This should help clear it up :rofl:

this is first design of it in carboard, mocked up on the bike:

[​IMG]

And this is what the design changed to, to make it more sleek:
    [​IMG]

and the pics above, are the making of the mould for the actual fibreglass mudguard....it's quite confusing to explain but what you see fibreglassed in the above pics is not actually the mudguard...once that fibreglass in the pics above has dried i can pull it off the base mould...then i need to fibreglass the inside of that red mould to make the mudguard shape, and THAT will be the final product....i'm using a silver gel coat so it will be ready finished in silver :cool:

you probably have no idea what i'm on about still? if not then research fibreglass moulding

3. bait

bait Active Member

oh i see that looks really good im about to make an undertray for my sr literally in like 10mins lol
    any advice

4. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

i understand TOTALY iv watched how its ade to many times not to lol hope it all works out for you mate. are you trimming it then finishing/trimming it in silver gel coat m8 .

5. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

you've got to gel coat it before you trim it mate lol

as it's a part of the mould

just been down to tillet again, and here's how it's looking at the moment.....the mould is very nearly finished...but it just shows how time consuming and the amount of effort it takes to create a perfect product...the better the mould the better quality the product.

nibbles, you should be able to understand what the next stage is ;)

but anyway, you can see how flat the inside is at the moment...tonight i've got to sand all imperfections out and highly polish the inside...ready for fibreglassing...remember....the higher quality the mould the higher quality the product, and the less work needed to perfect it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

my other post came out wromg i was trying to establish how u were goin to get a perfect finish on the gel coat as surely itll need some correction round the edges ect ? not sure lol im new to all this.

if that's your mould and your using a gel coat after its perfect and polished im assuming you'll apply the gel coat to the female/inside then fibre glass .?. then maybe push the male into it and clamp it up .then take it out .but im only guessing iv seen them make small plains ect ect on how its made so im jus guessin on what they did .but they also used a big ass suction bag and lots of heat .

please keep us updated as im very interested in the whole process if i was to buy absolutely everything for making a mould then a piece from the mould how much realisticly would i be looking for all the equipment.

7. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

you're right, although i'm not using a male, it's not really necessary....the underside will not be seen and therefore it's not really required.

i'm not too sure price wise what you're looking at....shouldn't be too much...but you will need a good amount of materials...luckily for me, the firm have provided me with all materials free of charge and offered advice very willingly.

yea at this firm, they use clamps and heat with a male and female mould, but their products need to be absolute perfection and they have spent years perfecting the mould, so their processes are perfect.

with my project i don't have the time as my porfolio review is nearing, or the need for a male mould, although i could potentially use the initial mould i used as the male mould...but i don't think i need it :cool:

EDIT: .woo 200th post :punk:

8. cooper #64

cooper #64 New Member

looking good :p

9. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

right, got the mudguard out of the mould today...the first mudguard ever made like this :p

I know the bikes a state at the moment but bare with me

still need to trim it all and shape it perfectly which will be done tomorrow.

but you get the gist ;)
    Yes, I know the numberplates on wonky :rofl: I only double sided taped it on temporarily
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You like my polished transmission casing? :rofl:
    [​IMG]

10. chrometyph172

chrometyph172 New Member

Rides:
    typh 172
    looks smooth m8 . how much did it cost to get that made ??

11. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

It was free mate as i made it myself
    All i wouldv'e had to pay for was the materials, which i ddin't actually have to pay for either :rofl:

12. chrometyph172

chrometyph172 New Member

Rides:
    typh 172
    lol thats alright then init . nice 1

13. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

looks very professionakl m8 keep it up

14. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

hopefully this'll get some interest in the project!

i had a design exhibition today at school so i;ve been working my butt off lately trying to get it in a presentable condition
    anyway here's some pics of it in primer...bear in mind it's nowhere near finished yet but just thought i;d let you know how it looks.....i'm in love :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. mgyz3@hotmail.com

mgyz3@hotmail.com New Member

Rides:
    Gilly 172
    looks fucking sweet mate theres not been many speedys that I like the look of but this is one of them and that front panel looks mean!

16. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

sweet that is m8

tom

17. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    front panel and lights look immense!!!! :tup:

one of the few custom body work mods you see that actually look better than standard!! :pimp:

imo the back end would have been better just flushed off, and smoothed but thats just me!

its different and aslong as you like it thats what matters!! :D :up:

18. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

very nice m8 not my style but that thing is sik never the less .lovin the front vent mod and the rear spoiler mod most gonan be a euro looking thing wen its done. keep up the good work an good luk

19. bait

bait Active Member

dogs bollocks mate well done looks fuckin nuts :tup:

20. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Looks the Biz m8 :tup: