Speedfight 2 current Problems please help

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by ReceivaL, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ReceivaL

ReceivaL Aprilia SR 125

its a 100cc speedfight 2 2000 model

1.) When I press the electric start it's click
    I'm 99% sure need new relay

2.) when I turn the key to on the lights don't come on is the just the way speedfights are? The brake lights and indecators work, but for the headlights to work I have to start it up (kick start) and the lights flicker.

3.) when I'm riding this is only recently...
    There's a lot more vibration coming from the engine case I think it maybe the clutch but I'm not sure the bike pull the same and top end is the same but dosnt sound healthly at all

Any help will be greatly appreciated sorry I don't really know much about these bikes came from Aprilia SR

Thanks in advance

2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

1 Relay or battery or bad earth
    2 Headlights come on when engine is running
    3 probably worn or stuck rollers in variator

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    1: new relay, but test the relay first bridge the pos and neg to fire the starter ( be warned it may arc spark and make you jump !

2: its an ac system, what this means is the indicators and the brake lamp run from battery voltage, BUT the headlight system runs from the stator flywheel side, if the engine is not running the main lamp wont work, in a way its dangerous if your riding at night and the motor dies and stops your only left with a brake light and indicators. ( i know this from personal my sym jet is the same ac system)

3: belt slap can cause a judder/vibration due to being worn and/or stretched, rollers that are worn below minimum spec values can rattle round causing the variator to spin off center and hence cause vibration, look at changing either or both rollers and belt.