Speaker Wiring and powering???

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by batcheldinho, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if tis a big ass capacitor it will run a SMALL load ampage for a while at constant 12v... if your sapping more than 50w from it it wont last long atall!!, plus, its wired in, even if you switch the ignition off its got power, the AMP turns off wich stops the cap pulling power through (theres no load, so theres no supply) in this situation even wiht the cap switched off (unless you have a breaker switch between the batt and the cap) it will simply piggyback the load from the battery at whatever rate is drawn from the batery..... but all this is irelevent..

point is a big amp running 12v states whatever wattage yes? this is rated at 1000amps cold cranking power (going back to batery load again) if your battery has 50 cold cranking amps your so called 300w amp (going on the amp reduction) will be running around 30w REAL power (going on the assumption you have 100 cold cranking amps, wich you dont) so amps will USE more power than they spit out...

long story short a 12v pc speaker pushes out 2 45w channels at WAY lower ampages/loads... so aslong as you replace the bait speakers wiht some nice 45w 6"'s you WILL have a TRUE 90w system... MORE powerfull than throwing a 300w amp in your ped (strange as it seems)

look up ohms law.. its not opinion, its century old physics of electricity...

gona get me started on EXACTLY what electricity is (as im sure 99% of you dont even know EXACTLY what it is, more what you can do with it and how it works...)

2. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

oh yes m8 i know it was not running at wattage and ampage at max i wer trying to say that a 12v 12amh battery would run what i had and was loud the battery was the sole power for the amp of which i ran me ipod and i put a vespa disc regulater on to trickle charge the battery as i went along (and i do some miles)
    just saying it worked m8 nothing more btw all this speack of caps and shit has made my head hurt dont folks do owt simple anymore :tup:

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    nope fraid not :D

wasent being an ass... just explaning for everyoner not picking on your install...

:beer: :up:

4. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

:punk: you know far to much tho :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    misplaced childhood.... my cv is WANK.