Speaker Wiring and powering???

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by batcheldinho, Apr 6, 2009.

1. batcheldinho

batcheldinho New Member

right i have a 1000W amp and sub and a 6x9... i can get the all to fit in my seat.. BUT how do i wire them to the battery?? or do i need a seperate battery in my seat?? any diagrams would be helpful... thanks!

2. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

ite mate ur not gonna be able putr a system that powerful in a ped .i tried with speakers amp and head unit and failed. best way is get some pc speakers rip em appart then wire em to battery .tho you can make is clearer by adding something to boost the power after battery .cant member exactly tbh but theres plenty of ideas on here

3. jayzee19

jayzee19 Member

its called a capacitor and cost like 150 to 200 pounds !!!

4. Vesta

Vesta New Member

12v pc speakers ftw. plenty loud enough for relaxing with your mates somewhere

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

ye have fun buying battey's weekly... oh and stators if you ride with it switched on... its a bike, why the fuck do you need tunes?

6. safekyle

safekyle New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    Reckon youl get less that a 3minute song with all that.
    as people have said 12v speakers work good enough ;)

7. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

assumin your talkin bout if he uses the setup he had in mind people not the speakers i suggested. i used ta get 2 hours tunage outa mine. and lol why not ffs why put it in a car .nout better than goin to a meet an be able ta play some decent music while ya sit round with ya m8s .

8. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Obviously have no idea of how a capacitor works.....

9. batcheldinho

batcheldinho New Member

capacitor causes a delay in the circuit doesnt it? like in an 555astable (flashing light) circuit??? cud be wrong....

if i ran if off a different battery? then battery to the amp, amp to sub and 6x9 then amp input with a custom wire to fit to my ipod??? would it work? or wud i need some kind of step-up??

10. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

m8 it aint gonna work i tried it with 3 lil 4 ich speakers and a head unit the first time n it was flat in all of four seconds though admitably it was loud as a mofo for wat it was. use the pc speakers m8 they work

11. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Wrong.
    A capacitor holds charge... so in a stereo application, it holds a charge located at near the amp. The theory is, that it can be used to supply power when the stereo hits a bass note and the battery, cabling cant keep up for that instance.
    That said, IF they are beneficial (debatable) they can only supplement power for fractions of a second.
    In your proposed application they are a waste of money.

in a 555 timer circuit, the differing 'charge capacity' of different sized capacitors is used to alter the speed and timing of the circuit.

With adding another batter... firstly, where are you going to put it. secondly, the power still has to come from somewhere... your stator will have trouble keeping it all charged...

12. SimonT

SimonT New Member

FYI... lets assume the 1000W amp is peak signal, therefore RMS is around 707W

707W/12V=58.9A

to put it in perspective, a standard car alternator can generate around 60A @ 13.5V.

The 35W low beam on your headlight is around 2.9A......

13. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

and also a power cap can hold like 2 hours power lol not a millie second m8 .least the one in ma bros car can

14. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Sorry Nibs... i think you have that mixed up.....

even a 1 or 2 farad capacitor wont power an amp for long (id be surprised if it ran for a few seconds while playing music)......

It may be able to power an LED for a while... but eventually the charge will just leak out.

15. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

nah the one i got out ma bros car was basicly a battery powered my pc speakers for ages

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    power caps are like a coil, it holds whatever charge you have and can supply it quicker/stronger than your batery.... think of it like water, your battery holds water, the pipe is small... this fills the cap, the cap has a big pipe, so it can be empty'd REAL quick... but it needs longer to refil from the small pipe from the battery

they hold an ammount of power... however much load on this power denotes how long it lasts..

ether way simon explained it right, you WONT power a 1000w amp off a scoot, you bearly power it up from a car... if you were to work out everything via ohms law you would find voltages ampages and ohms are WAY off what you think they are in even the largest car installs... the power comes from somwhere. 12v system's are exactly that.... LOW VOLTAGE

17. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

kin ell why would you want a 1000watts i ran 2 180 watt speakers on the vespa via a minni 300 watt amp had a 12v 12amh battery and it would last all night the battery only powerd the amp tho as it does not have a battery on the t5 any way loaud as the preverbial so 1000 is way to big

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just a nice round number.... your 300w was running, it WASENT running 300w tho, even the rms isnt met

lower feed ampage = lower wattage, its 12v ye, but it can run 1w at 12v... iots about fed power, its fed wiht 12v, it spits out an amplified wattage, meaning ONLY the supplied currant can be amplified by the same rate....(say FOR INSTANCE 1:4 amplification swapping amps for wat's) but no scooter sys will EVER push this

what you want is a set of CHEAP 12v pc speakers (type with an adaptor) running whatever ampage your bat is rated for (once you minus out all your other anciliry's) take it apart, cover the board in silicone (i do mean cover) or even cast in a small tray with chemical metal/aryldite so it cant earth/is waterproof and mount, wil have a 3.5mm imput (anything go's ion basicly) 2 speaker outputs (40w at 4 ohm probs) and a direct 12v imput and WONT strain your scoot.... anyhting more than this may look good and work, but it REALLY is burning the wiring/performing on the SAME power as any other system.....

19. SimonT

SimonT New Member

well translated minor....

nibbles: are you sure this was a cap?

20. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

power cap m8 think got confused wen ya sed cap .but i was only running the small cheap pc speakers on it n like minor sed they will only supply the power thats needed by the application so probs why it lasted a whiel wen i tested it .was a beasty one though for stupid size jbl amps and subs .i did mine how minor sed in the other ten threads lol
    [​IMG]
    worked great and looked ok