Solution to bar conversion indicators

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by FiddyRox, May 1, 2012.

1. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Hi everyone,

I just did a bar conversion on my aerox and had no front indicators. I didn't really want car side repeaters stuck on my fairings so I had a look at what I was dealing with and came up with this;

The standard headlight has a side light bulb in each top corner. I always use main beam when use my lights, and I have a decent bulb so the sidelights weren't really neccassery.

So, I took the headlight wiring;

[​IMG]

And removed the sidelight bulbs from it by cutting the wires. I then painted the bulbs orange with some glass paint;

[​IMG]

I then took the connectors off the original indicators and solder them on, then I heat shrinked the connection (no pics of this)

So basically I ended up with front indicators that dont change the look of the front end at all, making it look really clean and tidy (compared to oval indicators stuck on). The bulbs are far enough into the corners that it is easily distinguishable which side im indicating.

Heres a quick vid of one side hooked up (flasher relay is buggered is it flashes a bit fast). The camera is a bit shit and makes the light look more intense than it is.

[vid/]

Hope this is of use to someone.

2. Aaron Hastings

Aaron Hastings 125 KiLLa!

Rides:
    Mk1 piaggio zip sp.
    this wont pass an mot and im not sure at all whether an led resistor would work with this as they aren't led's?.. i dont know much about the elctric side of it and how you could get them flashing at the normal rate but i do know that wont pass an mot like that. maybe if you kept your old standard indicators wired aswell but covered them behind the fairings it would slow the flashing down?

Just an idea. It would look good when done properly but can you still see the orange light with your headlight on while riding?..

3. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    They're only flashing fast because my flasher relay is broken mate.

I know it won't pass an mot ;)

4. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    And no you can't see orange with the headlight on :)

5. Aaron Hastings

Aaron Hastings 125 KiLLa!

Rides:
    Mk1 piaggio zip sp.
    could block the corners off with a bit of plastic inside the headlight maybe, then you'd still see the indicators with ya headlight on :) ?

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The effort involved to make it 'legal' would probs be the same as fitting aftermarket ones tbh. Still nice though

7. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    good guide man :)