So I've Made Up My Mind... Fjord Blue

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Jordan727, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

So as the title suggests, I've decised what I'm doing... I'm keeping the chinese baotian 50... Repsraying it fjord blue.. Eventually (probably during summer when work takes a dive and weathers good for painting.. (or may do it in stages and look like a twat with a half finished bike for a while.)

Probably not the best place to post but as paint is coming first ill put it oin visual mods section. Eventually will be putting a 70/80cc kit on it, decent spark plug, coil lead, clear light lenses, sport/racing clutch variator and gear up kit. Roller and jets set up accordingly. Decent pipe. New mirrors (as i only have 1 lol) new speedo and fuel gauge.

Also will have new stronger belt (as i think the current one is original after trying to get the casing open and all but one bolt would undo.)

More than likely will end up being a running project as i need the bike almost on a daily basis.

Open to suggestions on parts, but ideally I want decent reliablity and good price.

Decided on this as overall the bikes great at the moment for what i use it for. Just sick of been over taken in.the 60 zones. :p Dont really want the hastle of saving up and selling this for next to nothing to buy a 125 and probably still not being 100% happy and wanting to make changes lmao.

Like i mentioned, any suggestions on.parts will be taken on board and if anyone has any decent 2nd hand parts suitable i may be interested.

Have taken a helmet hook off and done a quick paint test (looks a little dark as ive not sanded/primed. Just srayed direct as got bored and wanted to see how itd look) will up load a photo tomorrow from the laptop.

:)

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Dodgy paintwork would'nt be so much a problem,if you had an up-rate kit on 1st-
    cause you'd end up with a WTF!!!,ped.;) :D .

3. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Gotta make it earn some money for the kit first, looking for a 2nd job lol. Already have the paint courtesy if the pound shop. Will probably end up doing a panel at a time on each set of days off. Going.to keep any parts i take off it incase i ever do sell it so can replace back to standard.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Would'nt fancy working there-
    By GD.,they're handy mind. :D .

5. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

I dont work there, but i agree really handy and cheap :') I work on the bars in a sports club so work takes a dive when the season is over for a few months. great time to work on the scoot. and hence the desperate need for a 2nd job.

Thought about courier work, advertising on gumtree and preloved and stuff, £5 with in 5 miles, £10 between 5 and 10 miles, and £20 up to 30 miles. If i do an average speed of 30mph (taking account of hills) then 2 hrs riding £10/hr is ok and my current job covers running expenses anyhow. Might try it and see what interest I get.

Also, here's the paint colour, flash made it look lighter, but looks dark in the house anyways, looks great in natural light by the window. (Yes, theres still grey spots showing throught, was only pissing about to see what colour it was)

[​IMG]

and the scooter it's going on..

[​IMG]

whatcha think?

6. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

May also end up doing some fibre glasing on the arse end. Cant find clear light lenses anywhere! May have to fit a light off another bike or replace it with a few LED strips, depending if the law allows it.

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Be a nice 2tone change.:) .,
    word on the courier work. ;) ,was City of London in house + plot for several years- don't plan toooo much as things can per/jobs take on a mind of their own at times. :).

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I.e.,you don't always plan the job,the job plans you. ;) .

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

taken the restrictor out? the fjord here is more grey than blue! (i live in norway) i wouldnt bother tuning its not a strong bike, the steel quality is poor as are the bearings and electrical componants, save the money for a 125. the engine is the same as a peugeot kisbee/ vclic so parts will swap right over.

10. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

I dont really plan a lot anyways :p other than work which is as and when they want me. extra income would be helpfull so may as well try putting my self out there and see what response turns up

It is quite a grey/blue colour in indoor lighting, but in the sunlight and natural light it's a nice mid blue not too light and gay and not too dark and dingey. Hopefully wont turn out two tone either, want it all even colour only grey bit will be the rubber foot mat.

It's already de-restricted, just wanted a little more of everything, dont wanna sacrifice accelleration for speed and vice versa. hence the 70cc kit, doesnt have to hit 80/90 mph, as long as i can almost keep up with traffic in the 60 zones im happy and safer. It won't get hammered.... much :p will eventually get a bit of an overhaul. There's no saying when I'm gunna get money saved for a 125, so might as well make the effort and slowly get as I want it till money shows up (then keep both :p dont tell the missus)

I've almost doubled the millage on it since I bought it 2 month ago and have had little problem with electronics/bearings. running smoothly. only electrical fault (more my fault) was the knackered headlight bulb when I went over a bump.

overall I cant see why people slate them so much, althought I've never ridden anything else for very long.

Nothing wrong with giving a chink a good ride if you ask me :p

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i work in a mototrcycle shop mate, you can really tell the difference between the shit bikes and the good ones. whats it hit without the restrictor? ive only ridden the restricted ones, they hit the rev limiter bang on 45kmh, other scoots are restricted by the transmission, it totally a differnt experience! get a used standard head and port it, then get a high lift cam, should get you a nice performance boost with little work. we had a customer who brough one in last week saying it didnt run, i put it on the main stand, opened the oil dipstick and 2t oil came pouring out, he FILLED it on the side stand with cheap 2t oil, then tried to start it and blew a hole in the piston and cracked the head!

12. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

It'll hit 40 give or take a couple mph on the flat maybe 45 if its had a run up. Had 50 down a big hill but sharp bleeds off back to 40. Hence wanting.the 70 kit if i can sort it to get the extra 15 - 20mph and save being over taken by people who shouldnt be on the road doing 60mph im happy.

It accellerates decent too, not amazingly quickly but keeps going at the same rate up to 40

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Get a gearup kit

14. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Considered it, would they make any difference at tue moment while its standard 50cc?

15. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    trust me, its almost pointless tuning a 50cc chinese bike, as scubabiker said, theyre shit quality. ive only ever had one good chinese bike. but still never again. just save up your money, sell that and get something thats worth tuning/a 125

16. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

From what ive heard a decently tuned 70/80cc out performs a 125. True or false?

May keep this as is and get a "project" a very slow project. Would love a zip or old shape typhoon to play with. Cant find em cheap enough round here.

Still toying with the idea of the piaggio ape 50 and then tune that... But again lots of money. But would be warm and dry

17. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    yeah a 70cc/80cc can out accelerate a 125 but not chinese 70s, ive had a few chinky bikes now. trust me. leave engine standard and keep it serviced. the only 70cc that will outrun a 125 is a decent one like aerox, jog, zip etc. want fastish and reliable? get 125. want fast? get a GOOD scooter to start with. had the pulse scout which is exactly same as that. kept it serviced, regular oil changes, spark plugs and kept the valves adjusted properly and its still going about (new owner) with close to 70k on the clock. (dont ask how). but that was a very rare case and being very lucky. although its had quite a few parts replaced in its life. get a decent bike and you wont have that shite.