Side Number plate holder

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Ricky, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Ricky

Ricky Member

Anyone know where to get a black Side number plate holder ( one that bolts to the engine casing ).
    Also my old number plate the screws are rusted so no way of getting the number plate off anyone know how much and where i could get another one done ?
    round south west London .

leon-ov-boro likes this.
  2. ramo

ramo GoldMember

3. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    make 1 just get some sheet metal and bend and drill some holes for the bolt and number plate

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I tried that before I bought the one I linked. It was a pain in the arse to get the right shape (never looked good tbh) and after a couple of months it looked like crap. For the effort involved making one and the amount of time it lasted that proper one is defintely worth a tenner. ALOT sturdier than sheet metal also.

5. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    no need to make a new plate man use this
    [​IMG]

and take the screws out easily :)

6. realparisluke

realparisluke New Member

Are side mounted number plates like this legal to use in the UK? Ive just ordered one for my scooter and now im having doubts on the legality of them.

7. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    yes there legal as long as it is not obstrutured and has a full size number plate on

8. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I think i was told the plate has to actually be between the indicators but dont know how much truths in that. On a 125 you need to have a plate light aswell for MOT. No one actually knows really or cares though even traffic police will find 10 other things before they try it over an ice bracket

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    As long as the plate is the correct colour, is rear facing and the digits are of the correct size and spacing then there is no problem. Mopeds dont need a number plate lamp, however scooters like the Aerox 100 do.

10. realparisluke

realparisluke New Member

< plans on using a newly made, legal numberplate from halfords, im sure that will be fine. And its a 50cc, so luckily I wont need to wire a light onto the bracket.

11. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

Are they selling it yet on there website ??

12. realparisluke

realparisluke New Member

The numberplates can be made at halfords, the bracket is from a different site.

EDIT* No linking to the site :eek: my bad...

13. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

ok thanks, what site can u get a bracket from i want a gilera ice one

14. realparisluke

realparisluke New Member

adrenaline pedstop. i had a look, and they have then under bodyparts and styling. Dont know why I cant link there (this forum stopping me, or their website? who knows..)

15. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

16. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

They dont have a chrome one :(

17. wedgie

wedgie Member

Rides:
    Mk 1 Zip SP
    I just bought a few L brakes from BnQ for my L plate one. Looked clean and quite good, After a while i replaced the bracket as dint want it snapping! at about 60p a time you cant complain!