Should I get a speedfight 2 for my first project ?

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MadHead69, Dec 23, 2019.

1. MadHead69

MadHead69 New Member

Hi everyone I'm new on here and to the scooters sene but after looking on the net and seen what u can do to scooter iv decided to get one but don't no what to get.
    My first choice would be a aerox but can't seem to find one.
    My second choice would be a speedfight 2 that I no I can get hold of tomorrow for cheap but I'm a little unsure as it a non runner and needs a lot of work but what do u guys and girls think should I get it or not ?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah get it, pretty easy to work on.
    I did a guide on how to fix cold start issues

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Spares are not easy to get, it's old !

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

It's a minarelli @MARSH, are spares getting that scarce now?

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Not just the engine, the whole scooter. They were all thrashed to death ! I run a 2000 and 2003 piaggio typhoon and a lot spares are obsolete !

6. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Havnt looked into peugeot scooters. But have the impression piaggio and minarelli have a lot of aftermarket stuff. Maybe a gilera runner or something. Unless you really want to work on stuff, spend money and buy alot of extra parts. I would rather buy a scoot in running condition. Ive" and friends" bought alot and so called tuned scooters before. And overall m, former owners hasnt had a clue what they been doing. Missing parts. Broken bolts everywhere
    "Edit" what im saying is. It could be a bargain. Change a part or two, and it's running. But it could also be this way that the cost and effort and time before its fixed, is higher than buying a scooter of higher overall condition.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    scubabiker likes this.
  7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Sounds about right for the most part......:rolleyes: