SFR172 Speedfight/Runner project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by speedy-demon, Mar 9, 2013.

1. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    Trust me this is gonna look nothing like a standard speedfight when im finished, more like a speedy on stedz!

2. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Also does the runner wheel fit then ?

3. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    £95 from PMTuning, gotta buy a twinpot caliper and bracket to fit it properly

4. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    i think it does not too sure yet ill be messing with the front forks wheel n disc tomorrow

5. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Okay good luck with that keep us updated looks good

speedy-demon likes this.
  6. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Argh dude i just done research on the front disc and aprilla sr disc is 3 hole and fits straight on a trekker wheel / metal x £100 with thats for a 260mm one with caliper bracket just gota find it in stock

7. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    Sounds good man put up a link. iv gotta SR wheel with disc i could try it on the vivacity wheel if you want just to make sure, and the vivacity forks are not like any other iv got to make a bracket or moddify the stage6 one to fit the twin pot..

8. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
  9. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Im going with this i think straight fit

10. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    looks good mate and alot easier to fit than this beasty 280, i got my rear wheel today and thats 13" so looks like im sticking with 13's

11. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    maby not! NRG wheel dont fit. i think there is two different sizes of drum brake engine mine is 140mm the big one, iv decided im gonna buy a disc brake engine or cases asap

12. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Good idea look on the people i follow. rg2gilly friend of mine he sells only the best your have to see what hes got my engine was of him works like new

13. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Might sell mine got my eyes on another project. or might start another speeddy so if any one reading intrested the bike will be mot and tax when sold every thing will work just needs new panels as the panels let it down

14. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Ive ordered it. whoop whoop. found a falt with my wireing whoops when i press the break my headlights get brighter so gota sort that. unsure why its doing that very wierd. side stand fitted forks on. break stuffs on way then ill bleed the front break and get it as sharp as possible. also gunna polish the fork nuckles when front wheels of to make forks look brand new

15. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    After another test run today with them forks fitted changed my mind im gunna keep her :D

16. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    what did you order? an sounds good mate i bet it handles loads better with straight forks, i havent had time to do anything this weekend been grafting and im too tired, ill be back onit asap sometime this week

17. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Front disc. also big proplems with running that engine the speedy loom. One engine spits out ac one spits out dc meaning had to sort that. now got proplems with to much volts going threw headlight peaking at 16v blowing the bulbs gave up for today to cold. gota find a way round that. speedfight regulator should stop that but i dunno alot of work the wireing would of been easyer to use a gilera runner loom a set every thing up of that

18. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Have you fitted the rear shock bracket. when you starting to wire up the engine

19. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    everythings ready for the welder ill hopefully be dropping it off this weekend, then i can paint everything and start the build im gonna build the frame/bodywork up first as im saving for the engine build.

20. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Im selling a malossi reed valve like new. fited couple of months back bke only done 6 miles since