Scooter Wont Start! PICS Provided!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Jul 13, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I tried the fuel flush and it still won’t start.

I put the pinion spring in the correct position and it definitely needs new teeth and so does the driver disc and one tooth is also damaged.

I don’t think that’s the issue though as the bike should still start egatdless of those tetthbusing the electric start right? Plus the kick start does work a little...

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah it should start. Try a new spark plug. It's the cheapest thing to try.

GreenRanger likes this.
  3. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

What if it’s a fuel issue? But not the choke because a second hand auto choke was recently fitted so that can be eliminated...

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

A second hand auto choke doesn't guarantee its working.

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

No because it was fitted by a moped garage recently as I said and they wouldn’t replace a part that was going to fail within a week or two...

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It's an electrical part. No guarantee.
    I've taken new ones out and they've not worked.
    I've been doing this for a whole lot of years.

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I won’t be changing that as I just don’t think a part that was changed by a professional garage would fail literally within a week or two of being replaced. I’d bet money on it.

After I change the Kickstarter parts I don’t know what I’m going to do as I doubt it will start after that’s done...

I don’t mind taking off the whole rear fairings and seat and seat pan etc... in order to get to the engine but I don’t know what to check from there to make it work...

What I need is someone with mechanical experience to come and fix it or to help me fix it but a permanent fix not like the other two cowboys I took it to who fixed it only
    For it to stop working again within a few days!

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Like I said. Try a new plug, it's easy and like 30 percent of the time it's the problem.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I’ve purchased an nil plug that says it is compatible. Plus my spark plug cover says ngk in it so that’s encouraging.

However I tested my current spark plug by grounding it and it was producing a spark also as I said that’s not it. May have wasted £2.18 for the new plug.

Also, can someone Pleqse send me a link to the parts I need as I’ve searched everywhere and contacted loss of places and no one has it!

It’s the:

Kickstarter Pinion (can I use the same spring as this will save me money as the current one looks fine and it’s just the pinion teeth that are damaged not the spring which is fine?)

Kickstarter driver disc

I don’t need the shaft just the Kickstarter disc but if it comes welded to the Kickstarter shaft then I have no choice but to get both.

This is for a 2001 aprilia mojito custom 50cc moped.

Thanks!

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It's not wasted. It's the cheapest thing to test and the first thing I would change as a mechanic.
    You are getting free professional advice here don't complain!
    Can't really help with where to get the parts, but it's a pretty common engine, Suzuki use it in the estillete and errrr... Katana? I think? It's called a Morini can't recall if it's moto Morini or just Morini.
    The kick start parts are the same if it's liquid or air cooled.

11. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

LMFAO. You must be joking! Free professional advice? You’ve got some nerve!

Tbh nothing that has been said here has helped me in the slightest. Everything I’ve done I would of done anyway.

I’m just going to call the mechanic and tell him it’s not working...

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

OK...
    Twat.

MARSH likes this.
  13. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Not OK.

Useless idiot chav!

14. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Just like I said. The new spark plug didn’t do jack shit...

15. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I can't help you any more, members try to help you and you just abuse them !.

16. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Then why reply in the first place you timer waster!

Just because you CANT help me.

As I said before NONE of the replies has helped me and everything I’ve done I would have done myself so I’m just going to save myself the unessesary time wasting hassle of using this forum and delete my account.

17. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

I have enjoyed reading this post up to the end as having issues myself. However I cannot believe how ungrateful you are that people have tried to help you despite the fact it may or may not have worked. Fixing a problem like yours is all about trial error and crossing off the things you have tried. Just because someone's advice or ideas hasn't worked it isn't useless. Its just narrowing down the possibilities u til you get to the root of the problem.

Zencruser and MARSH like this.
  18. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Mind your own business. They haven’t helped me as I said in my previous post! So I’m not being ungrateful! You suck bum.

19. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

Typical.

20. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Seriously though, it is none of your business be they haven’t helped me...

I don’t like your one sidedness, it’s unfair tbh...