Scooter won’t start!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 28, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Honestly I think that’s a bit low I pod £900

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

:eek:

3. milo2025

As long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. It's not always about monetary value but by the amount of enjoyment it brings to your life :)

Sam phantom and GreenRanger like this.
  4. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Not really bequest I’ll get most of the back when I sell it plus it’s what I wanted so I’m haopy

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Exactly! I’ll get most of it back when I go to sell it anyway.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Famous last words

scubabiker likes this.
  7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I had everything I ever owned stolen from me, from a quiet dead end cul de sac in Swansea.
    You live in London, someone Will try and steal it at some point.
    Trackers are cheap.
    Get one, it's worth it.

8. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I really cba but know you’ve said that I’ll look into it right now lol. I’ve got nothing else to do!

Last time someone tried to break into my home was before I was born so over 30 years ago and they couldn’t get in.

Most of my neighbours have been robbed and recently as well. In fact my neighbours neighbour got his car stolen! Was a nice golf gti with all the trimmings. He’s got a Tesla now.

Anyway they’d have to literally drag it down my drive past two cars and over a kerb so it won’t be easy and will make a little bit of nose plusnmy neighbour has a floodlight.

Plus bikes that are covered are less likely to be stolen.

Once they see it’s a mojito they probably won’t bother.

Plus I just feel like it won’t get stolen.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Can you recommend a cheap but good tracker? I’m assuming by the title it works bike tracking the whereabouts of the bike?

Do I have tk connect it up to the bike because I don’t know how to do that plus what if the thieves just rip it out?

10. milo2025

GreenRanger likes this.
  11. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

12. milo2025

Theoretically yes but they need to find it first by which time hopefully it'll be too late for the scumbags. Did you remove the intake? It should save you some pennies on labour costs.

GreenRanger likes this.
  13. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Remove the intake? What’s that and why would I need tk remove it?

14. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

So the mechanic just messaged me and apparently he put a used auto choke on my moped and it started straight up!

What does that mean lol?

Funny thing is my mum kept on asking me about the choke! How the heck did she know! I didn’t want to deal with the choke as I didn’t know where it was or how to fix it! Or to check it!

15. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Going to cost me £125! £5 for the used choke and 3 hours labour at £40 per hour!

Should of listened to my mum and checked the choke but I know nothing about chokes!

16. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Just rang and spoke to both guys and after a lil argument I got them down to £80 from £125 as they didn’t inform me of the additional charges like I was told would happen.

milo2025 likes this.
  17. milo2025

All's well that ends well. You must be chuffed to bits :D

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    GreenRanger likes this.
  18. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I am mate, it sounds better than ever! Really healthy! And all because of the bloody fuel air mixture due to the automatic choke!

I’ve learnt a valuable lesson today (cost me £80!) though. Could have used that to make the bike better I.e buy new parts etc...

It was literally a pull out and plug in situation for the choke!

Please someone tell me the autochoke can only be fully accessed via disaamblkng the rear fairing and seat because if it can be replaced through the inspection hatch or the side panels (they come off also and provide pretty good engine access) then I’ve been lied to!

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I would charge half hour for that job.
    You've been conned.

20. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

It took me three hours to take it apart (the first time) so that’s why I believed them. He showed me a picture and did take it apart. Anyway he was gong to charge me £125 and I got it down to £80.

They took it away also and bring it back and it runs great.

I’ve read their reviews and they have a good rep.

Dyu think I should leave a bad review? Maybe they will send me some money back if that’s the case?