Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Hi, I have a Suzuki ay50 2005 model fuel injection ... When ever it starts to rain or when its wet outside my scooter will start to stutter / bork until it gets so wet it cuts out, any ideas why its doing this ?
I desperately need this fixing as soon as possible!
It sounds like water is getting into the electrics somewhere. Check and clean all of the block connectors that come from the stator to the CDI and WD-40 some sense into them.
If it uses a similar coil/CDI combinatioin to my SR then its probably that my CDI unit aint the best and in heavy rain or when I wash it it will stutter and misfire until I either dry it or the spark plug gets hot