running in minarelli cylinder kit

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by RojAEROX, Aug 17, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

so i bought a new cylinder kit for my aerox and its all fitted etc but im not sure how and for how long i should run it in.

on the instructions that came with the box it said to run it in for 600 miles!? which to me sounds a bit excessive.

so how long should i run it in for? and does it mean i cant go over 30 or whatever or does it mean i shudnt full throttle in for a lonnggg period of time?

i was planning on letting it idle for a bit and then takin it for a slow ride around the block but aint sure what to do after that?

2. mhr-typhoon

mhr-typhoon New Member

no dont let it idle because u want the rings to seat so u want pressure on them so warm it up then just go riding but dont hold the throttle on full for over 5-10seconds ive done this on all my cylinder kits for 300 miles and there all going well with hardley and blow by

3. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

kk cheers. hopefully ill be able to get the exhaust on tonight and take it for a warm up.

4. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    give it a couple of blips of throttle at the lights etc every now and again, dont let it rev over 7-8 k rpm for the first 100 miles, make sure to use semi-synthetic oil and wear it in for about 350 miles, thats wat i'v always done anyway and never had a problem