Running in a malossi 70 kit !!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Stennett, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

nah mate you got it the wrong way around sorry lol

i meant that its bullshit that you have to run a bore in with a ristricted exhaust lol

Becqause Stennett said "ok I'm unsure wheather to get my 70 kit fitted as I have just been told by someonme that you need to run it in with a standard exhuast is this true or not?" i was saying thats bullshit lol :D

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    there is no need to run in on a standard pipe, so long as your carburation is right for your kit and pipe then it will make no difference, just remember when running in to take it easy, the steadier you run the engine in, the longer it will last.

3. tinribs

tinribs New Member

lol sorry major

4. Nrg-Jay

Nrg-Jay New Member

You lube all of it up the barrel, the piston and the rings an pins and bearing not too much obv, the excess will just be burnt in process of running in a will smoke a bit more.

The setting up is where it gets complicated, its not a case not at all of taking the 4 bolts off and taking the piston an rings out then putting new bore on, the carb needs a richer main jet and depends if your running a airbox or an open filter if open needs to be jetted higher to be on safe side but not overally rich, then the rollers dont want them too light so it revs the bollocks off the kit and vice versa dont want them too heavy.

I found it quite easy if im honest fitting one manual is always best bet in any cases imo.

If you get stuck alot of people inclu myself will be happy to answer your questions, i would fit it if i was yourself as its a great learning curve if you do remember to put a CLEAN rag in the top case saves any thing dropping into the case whether it be a circlip to a snapped piston ring.

Running in just take it easy for the first id say 150km varying throttle.
    But alot of people will say differ may only need 100km some may say more
    Just main thing is not to cain the bollocks off it first time running.

5. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    Drive a 106 :(
    ok i have my 70 kit fitted and i have done 80 miles but i tried full throttling it as i just wanted to see if it is any faster but yet it seems to be just as fast as my 50 kit is this normal ? will it get faster the longer i run in it ?(more miles i do)

6. Hursty

Hursty New Member

have you ONLY had the kit fitted??.. have u *as minor and jay said* changed the rollers and upjetted the carb?

ben.

7. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    my rollers are curretnly 5.5 that come with my polini speed varitor and there ok arent they ?
    I have not up jetted the carb as my ehuast is still restricted so i didnt think i needed to, do i ?
    is there any thing else i need to do ? or will it get faster once i have run it in ?

8. tinribs

tinribs New Member

you need to derestrict your pipe. Your not going to do it any good not up jetting it

9. Hursty

Hursty New Member

yh as tinribs sed.. get ure zaust de-rizzed.. then upjet the carb...

ben.

10. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    and go up rollers, 5.5s are a bit light to run on a 70, rev the nuts off of it, go somewhere around 6.5-7.5

11. Nrg-Jay

Nrg-Jay New Member

No 5.5 is around right , and for god sakes dres that pipe its restricing everything, and u need to upjet doesnt matter if its restricted :rtfm:

12. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    ok what size jet should i use (roughly as i know all set ups are differnt )
    How do you de-ristrict the pipe? how do you pulll the "cone" out of the ehuxast near where you attache it to the engine? what tools to rip it out?