Running in a malossi 70 kit !!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Stennett, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    Drive a 106 :(
    Right i have no yet fitted my 70 kit as it only come yesturday but i have been looking through the instructions and it says not to exceed half throttle for 40-60 minutes then after that you kit is run in . (or something like that) WTF i was under the impression that it tock like 400 miles !!!!!!!!! someone please tell me as i dont want to fuck it up

2. cable_199

cable_199 New Member

just try and keep your revs down for about 1 hour, just do what the manual says not over half throttle and it should be fine

3. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Yeah it won't take long really, people who think they need to be run in for 500 miles or whatever either have no clue or are being waaay to careful.

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

It depends on what kit. What kit is it?

5. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
  6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dont full throttle from standstill and dont hold full throttle for more than 5 seconds at a time.. vary the revs as much as possible while riding and dont let it get too hot for say 200+ miles. its an iron kit so DOES need to be run in

7. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    also this is abit off the original topic but i got quoted 100 to fit the kit is that about right or a rip off?

8. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    rip off

minor did mine for a cheap sum (wont say unless im allowed)

and he travelled to me. :bird:

9. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'd say thats expensive, it's quite simple on a DNA, you don't need to remove any plastic, just a footpeg hanger and a few pipes. about an hour's lazy work (i can do a dna in 30 mins easily)

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    100 quid to prittymuch undoo and refit 4 bolts.. guys a joker. i had to remove monty's engine (easier than pissin about through the frame) and charged less than that. and like he said i traveled from south to north london to do it

11. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    he did a wicked job too and got on the horrid tube

i feel it i went to elephant and castle to pick up an exhaust and i got caught in the rush hour

not nice :pimp:

12. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    IM tihnking of trying to do it my self or is it not worth the risk ? i have not mechanical experince but hey got to start some where ?
    or should i not start on the bore kit?

13. Hursty

Hursty New Member

i will be doing the same.. fitting mine myself but ive never done one before. i been told that u gotta lube everything up with 2t oil when fitting the bore kit... i wud expect this to be the piston rings and inside of the barrel rite ???

cant be too hard really... but im gunna give it a shot ;)

ben.

14. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    lol well i have no idea what parts what so it can be hard but poeple make it sound so easy the only thing im scared of is fucking up the water cooled what ever

15. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    its easy if you know what your doing and you know what parts go where

if not dont bother it will cost you a bore kit

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its not just a case of bolting it on (most dealers/mechanics will do tho) need roller and jet changes aswell as a few tweaks here an there. read the manual first and read up a little on the setup side of things..

17. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    ok im unsure wheather to get my 70 kit fitted as i have just been told by someonme that you need to run it in with a standard exhuast is this true or not?

18. tinribs

tinribs New Member

I was riding my 70 on a restricted exhaust whilst running it in because i didnt realise it was restricted.
    it was an absolute pig, it went slower and had less pulling power then when it was the standard 50.
    Must be something to do with all the extra exhaust gassesnot being able to escape and backing things up.
    I wouldnt reccomend using a restricted exhaust on it

19. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

i think thats a loads of bullshit

20. tinribs

tinribs New Member

why bullshit? do you remeber my old posts where i was having all the problems when i first fitted my70 kit, it was fine after i took the restrictor out