Runner st 200 Tune up

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Richie P, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Hi guys. I was recently about to embark in a rediculous transformation on my st 200 which consisted of
    -Kubler 300 kit
    -Malossi Rollers, variator, clutch, transmission etc.... the works.

All parts were to cost 1300 Euro plus quoted work costs totalled to about 1900-2000 euro for work/installation and testing (dyno etc). Maybe quite reasonable for a HUGE tune up. Plan went south after a pre sale issue (bike I was to sell got trashed day before).

Now, my enquiry is what can be done with the scooter to improve its power, speed and general stats without breaking the bank? I am aware if one part is changed, another part is needed to compensate etc. Simply put, if it is not worth the hassle then that is fine. Say a budget of 800 Euro (550 Pounds)?

I plan on keeping this scooter for a good few years and want to turn it into a little rocket. I am happy with its stock performance and my akrapovic has given it a little boost. But you know yourself, customising your pride and joy can be addictive :D

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'm afraid without spending a shed load of money it won't be anywhere near a "little rocket".

3. Mickey

Mickey Member

Rides:
    Beeline 50cc 4t
    sell it and add the 550 towards a bigger bike :)

4. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I'm sticking with scooters. Don't know if I will go anything else besides Gilera or Aprilia, srv 850 maybe... Reliability is not there but beautiful machines. The Yamaha t-max 530 is stunning and powerful but feel it is lacking power. Burgman is a bit too big and chunky and not for me. Bmw range seems nice. Not a huge fam of fat ass maxi scooters. My dream is to own the Gilera gp800 but seems as Gilera are bust again I doubt I will get to. Plus probably be a pain in the ass to get parts in years to come.