Runner Bogging/Cutting out?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Lee_2K5, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Lee_2K5

Lee_2K5 New Member

Hi Guys
    will update this thread tomorrow with more info and better pictures/videos.
    basically ive bought a vx125, it was all battered and needed doing up so its all been stripped back and im just getting into sorting it now.
    Basically i posted a thread a few days ago with regards to the xhaust making it cut out. the exhaust has now been replaced with another standard exhaust and i still have the proglem.
    The scooter will run all day as it is, but when i take it off its stand and attempt to ride it it bogs down? yet its fine being revved up whilst on the stand.
    ive made a couple of videos, allbeit dark but if you look/listen you can see it bogs down and hardly moves.
    i was just wondering what could cause it to bog? ive never messed about with carbs before so dont want to start messing with mixtures before getting advice from people who know best (you guys) or could it even be rollers??

[​IMG]

as i say sorry for the bad vido but i was just wondering whether anyone can give me some ideas on where to start?? Gilera Runner VX125

edit... also does the engine sound a bit 'tappy' to anyone?? im not used to 4 strokes so sorry if its normal

2. Lee_2K5

Lee_2K5 New Member

Hi again guys,
    Could it be the clutch cutting it out?? As I say it's fine when on the stand, runs all day
    It's when you try and pull away it's doing it, could it be the clutch?? Thas