Rollers help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Andrewbooth070, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Andrewbooth070

Andrewbooth070 New Member

Hi I have a V Clic running stock exhaust, racing belt & clutch my next thing will be the rollers where I live lots of hills I was thinking about putting in some 4.5g rollers would that help with speed uphill? Or would I be better off with a mix of rollers? The bike is derestricted thanks

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    fourstroke clic ? maybe have a look at contrast spring so when you roll off the throotle your into a lower ratio much quicker that way you can carry the torque to the rear .

fourstrokes make torque all the way through so harnessing that is gonna be key, that torque is whats gonna pull you up the hill, on a twostroke we would drop roller weight to bring the rpm higher and also tinker to the contrast spring so its holding a lower ratio for longer , at the same time they would have swapped out to a sport pipe to gain a couple extra hp and a stronger powerband higher in the rpm range.

fourstrokes dont harness the pipe so much due to the valve work they have, yes you could add a sporty pipe and yes i could add a little extra power but nowhere what a twostroke would gain with the change. on a fourstroke to gain more power we would be looking more at a big bore kit to add power .

contrast spring to get that ratio in check more a stronger spring means its gonna pop into a lower range when your rolling of the throttle and keep in a lower range for a second or so longer when your rolling on the throttle untill the torque overcomes it. try a controst spring in the rear pulley then if it lacks a little extra tinker with half a gram in roller weight dropping. dont go to crazy on lowering roller weight on a fourstroker

Andrewbooth070 likes this.
  3. Andrewbooth070

Thanks for that mate could you you recommend a spring or a clutch to try? Yes mines a four stroke

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    15% more than stock for your contrast spring , malossi wise its a white one , that will keep the pressure up on the rear pulley.

being a fourstroker your kinda stuck for any more power on a 50cc the only other choice is something like a 80cc big bore . personaly i would leave her stock do a little saving up and when time comes, sell the 50cc onto a young rider and use the savings and the sales money to grab a 125cc fourstroke scooter . that will pull you up many a hill have a longer bit on the legs to with around 60mph and plenty of torque to climb everest

5. Andrewbooth070

I've seen a +1500 spring on eBay would that do the trick?