Rid of stickers/stripes?

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by AntMacca94, May 10, 2011.

1. AntMacca94

AntMacca94 New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Vity 125
    Ive got a chinese sonik skyjet 50 and i dont really like the stickers.:glare: Does anyone know of any way how to remove them without damaging the paint or would i definatly need a re spray?

For when i do get the stickers off any suggestions for some new stickers?

Attached Files:

2. mxcooper

mxcooper Member

heat the up with your mums hair dryer then try abit of CIFF or maybe T CUT

cooper

3. nathan93

nathan93 Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    heat it up with a hairdryer/hot air gun and then wd40 is good for getting off the sticky shit stickers leave behind, then abit of t-cut

4. mxcooper

mxcooper Member

i forgot about wd40 :L

5. RIGZ.172

RIGZ.172 Member

Rides:
    camel
    mx loooooooooooool :rotfl: why did u say your mums hairdryer u joker yeah btw nathan said it right

6. mxcooper

mxcooper Member

well ino he hasnt got long hair so he wouldnt have a hair dryer . his mum will so use his mums :L tool

7. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

A hot air gun is a very bad idea. Very easy to end up melting the fuck out of your panels.

A hair dryer or taking the panels off and using boiling water is also a pretty good way to do it.

8. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    this is totally different idea really, but when taking off my stickers from my typhoon i picked at the sticker untill i had enough to grab and pull, then pulled with left hand slowly, and used a cloth with warm water and rubbed it on the bit of sticker that was being pulled off, took a couple minutes

9. roxi-46

roxi-46 Member

pull them all off then get some white spirit on a cloth to get the sticky shit off? :)

10. Andyjl

Andyjl New Member

Rides:
    Sym DD50
    For the gunky residue, spray WD40 onto it and wipe off, works a treat.

11. Gamble

Gamble Member

Warm water or maybe a hair dryer if it's easier for you, Stanley blade on a corner of the sticker to turn the edge up and remove. Then as above have said for the sticky residue left on the panels. :good:

12. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Nononeoeneoeno not a stanley blade. Near impossible to do it without taking off paint. Best thing is something like a plastic ruler. Nice and hard with a good edge and wont mark your panel unless you do something stupid.

13. sc00terboy69

sc00terboy69 New Member

Rides:
    dragster+lambretta
    i can make basic stickers we have a cutting machine for the custom graphics we do when airbrushing wd40s not that great if you are going to paint them or put stickers back on i would use standard thinners

14. Andyjl

Andyjl New Member

Rides:
    Sym DD50
    I meant for the gunky residue if you are peeling them off to use wd40, its just what I did, worked well.